Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Fantasy Football League~American Conference Draft Round 3

Featured Replies

I know what I'm doing.

I'm didn't screw up at all.:sssh:

 

I doubt it, you will had time playing Romo at RB or WR!!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

  • Replies 179
  • Views 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he was the best RB still on the board, and after last year, I had to get my 2RB's right away. Still mad at myself for keeping Eli.

 

I wondered why you kept Eli.

 

I was very, very close to picking Thomas instead of Westbrook. I had it typed in and ready to go, but just couldn't hit submit. I'm afraid I'll regret it.

 

But, Thomas was a beast when he took over as the feature back in Weeks 11 through 16. If you project his #'s through those six games over an entire season, here's what you get...

 

1267 Yards Rushing

539 Yards Receiving

24 TD

 

That means you'd be getting around 300 points from him. He scored on 6 of 10 rushes inside the 10 yard line last year. Obviously, you can't expect that kind of a season, but its reasonable to expect 1500 total yards and double digit TD's at worst if he stays healthy. I'll take it.

 

My concerns...he missed the last game of the season. Was that a sign that he might not be able to handle the full load or no big deal? If Bush is healthy and stays that way, how will that affect his numbers?

 

In the end, I chickened out and went with the safe pick of Westbrook. (I hadn't considered him as an option previously because I was almost certain he'd be gone.)

 

I love the pick though...I think he'll be a steal at that spot.

 

How do you like this quote from Drew Brees?

 

"I think that Pierre is our No. 1 back and can do that job. I feel like Reggie can be able to step in and do a great job ... but certainly I think Pierre Thomas is the total package."

I wondered why you kept Eli.

 

I was very, very close to picking Thomas instead of Westbrook. I had it typed in and ready to go, but just couldn't hit submit. I'm afraid I'll regret it.

 

But, Thomas was a beast when he took over as the feature back in Weeks 11 through 16. If you project his #'s through those six games over an entire season, here's what you get...

 

1267 Yards Rushing

539 Yards Receiving

24 TD

 

That means you'd be getting around 300 points from him. He scored on 6 of 10 rushes inside the 10 yard line last year. Obviously, you can't expect that kind of a season, but its reasonable to expect 1500 total yards and double digit TD's at worst if he stays healthy. I'll take it.

 

My concerns...he missed the last game of the season. Was that a sign that he might not be able to handle the full load or no big deal? If Bush is healthy and stays that way, how will that affect his numbers?

 

In the end, I chickened out and went with the safe pick of Westbrook. (I hadn't considered him as an option previously because I was almost certain he'd be gone.)

 

I love the pick though...I think he'll be a steal at that spot.

 

How do you like this quote from Drew Brees?

 

"I think that Pierre is our No. 1 back and can do that job. I feel like Reggie can be able to step in and do a great job ... but certainly I think Pierre Thomas is the total package."

 

Yea I really regret keeping Eli, I assure you that if I remain in the league I wont be keeping him next year unless he has a Payton like season this year

Da Moonshiners take WR Marques Colston of the New Orleans Saints.

3.01 Dorton Street Sweepers (TrueBlueWildcat) – WR Greg Jennings GB

3.02 Middle Fork Mustard Seeds (5wide) - RB Brian Westbrook PHI

3.03 Sawville Gym Shoes (Jim Schue) - RB Marshawn Lynch BUF

3.04 Bardstown Butchers (BoondockSaint) – RB Ryan Grant GB

3.05 Harlan Mound Street Machines (Ballaholic) – QB Philip Rivers SD

3.06 Maytown Mirkers ® (WildcatScratchFever) - QB Tony Romo DAL

3.07 Frankfort Block Monsters ® ( ip-Hop Box) - RB Derrick Ward TB

3.08 Maysville Split Ends (sumoroyal) - QB Kurt Warner ARI

3.09 Boyle County Blue Devils ® (PurplePride92) - QB Donovan McNabb PHI

3.10 Paducah Rabbit Fists (00Rockets28) - RB Pierre Thomas NO

3.11 Big Creek Moonshiners (Da Champ)-WR Marques Colston NO

 

3.12 Banklick Swamp Gas (HHSDad) -OTC

 

3.13 Atwood Fighting' Amish (NEERFAN) -

3.14 Mississippi Thrill (Go Cats) -

3.15 Bushwood Country Club Gophers (AverageJoesGym) -

3.16 Junction City Jailcats (UKMustangFan) -

Colston was the other guy I was considering with the Westbrook pick...I didn't want to mention it until someone picked him though.

19 more picks and I'm OTC again...who will be left? :lol:

 

I really enjoy this 16 team format. It's different. I prefer 10-team leagues, but when that's all you ever participate in, it's cool to do something different.

 

I like getting the opportunity to dig deep into the rosters and try to find some sleepers that you'd never pick in a normal sized league. It's a challenge. I snagged Wes Welker the last time I was in this league and he delivered far more than I'd have ever imagined. Unfortunately, I didn't have the RB's to compete...Larry Johnson was a bust and I ended up trading him for Reggie Bush, who was about the same.

19 more picks and I'm OTC again...who will be left? :lol:

 

I really enjoy this 16 team format. It's different. I prefer 10-team leagues, but when that's all you ever participate in, it's cool to do something different.

 

I like getting the opportunity to dig deep into the rosters and try to find some sleepers that you'd never pick in a normal sized league. It's a challenge. I snagged Wes Welker the last time I was in this league and he delivered far more than I'd have ever imagined. Unfortunately, I didn't have the RB's to compete...Larry Johnson was a bust and I ended up trading him for Reggie Bush, who was about the same.

 

No RB's killed me last year, won't make that mistake again! I'm ready to pick again! The suspense kills me! :lol:

I'm getting anxious! I looked at the rosters when this round started and came up with 4 realistic options that I wanted for my 2 picks, and all 4 are still left. If I could get my choice from those 4, you guys might as well just give me the trophy again this year....:D

Da Moonshiners take WR Marques Colston of the New Orleans Saints.

 

Good pick! He was on my short list...

Good pick! He was on my short list...

 

Just protect Drew Brees. In a money league I was in last year I had Randy Moss and Tom Brady's injury hurt more than just one team.

The clock starts tomorrow morning at 8 PM CST.

  • Author
I'm getting anxious! I looked at the rosters when this round started and came up with 4 realistic options that I wanted for my 2 picks, and all 4 are still left. If I could get my choice from those 4, you guys might as well just give me the trophy again this year....:D

 

It's not going to be as easy as you might want to think........:popcorn:

I'm getting anxious! I looked at the rosters when this round started and came up with 4 realistic options that I wanted for my 2 picks, and all 4 are still left. If I could get my choice from those 4, you guys might as well just give me the trophy again this year....:D

 

I don't care. I just want to make the playoffs so I can stay in next season. :D

  • Author
Just protect Drew Brees. In a money league I was in last year I had Randy Moss and Tom Brady's injury hurt more than just one team.

 

I know that feeling all to well also. I had Moss in my money league as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.