Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Source: Stephenson picks Cincinnati

Featured Replies

  • Replies 105
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did he have any more viable options at this late date?

Good luck GT, shall be interesting at least. This could turn out to be a really good thing if all goes well.

Good deal for the Bearcats. I have heard a lot of negative things about this kid, but I for one hope he does well and leaves all the baggage behind. Hopefully Mick can keep him on the right track.

Hopefully all of this works out for UC. A player like Stephenson could really help UC out with that tough Big East schedule.

 

GT, what chances do you give that Stephenson actually plays at UC ? Will he be eligible ?

Can some of that "baggage" become a Mayo type situation for UC?

  • Author

GT, what chances do you give that Stephenson actually plays at UC ? Will he be eligible ?

 

His court case will eventually get dismissed and I've been told grades will not be an issue either. The biggest hurdle will be his amateur status because of the web site and reality series. I reamin cautiously optomistic and say it's at 50/50 for now...

  • Author

GT, what chances do you give that Stephenson actually plays at UC ? Will he be eligible ?

 

His court case will eventually get dismissed and I've been told grades will not be an issue either. The biggest hurdle will be his amateur status because of the web site and reality series. I reamin cautiously optimistic and say it's at 50/50 for now...

  • Author
Can some of that "baggage" become a Mayo type situation for UC?

 

Doubtful because the Mayo situation was money changing hands from Floyd and USC. If Lance gets in trouble in regards to his amateur status it will be for things before UC got involved...

His court case will eventually get dismissed and I've been told grades will not be an issue either. The biggest hurdle will be his amateur status because of the web site and reality series. I reamin cautiously optimistic and say it's at 50/50 for now...

 

I have to ask...Cautioulsy optimisitc of what? You've been fairly clear a bunch of times that he isn't worth the hassel.

I have to ask...Cautioulsy optimisitc of what? You've been fairly clear a bunch of times that he isn't worth the hassel.

 

The shoe is on the other foot now.

  • Author
I have to ask...Cautioulsy optimisitc of what? You've been fairly clear a bunch of times that he isn't worth the hassel.

He isn't worth the hassle for an established program with a talent laden roster. For a school like UC with an open scholarship, and a long tournament drought, taking a risk is much more worth it. If he doesn't make it past the NCAA nothing is lost. If he does, and later gets hit with eligibility issues it was before UC got involved...

If he doesn't make it past the NCAA nothing is lost. If he does, and later gets hit with eligibility issues it was before UC got involved...

Perhaps I'm missing something, or getting down to semantics, but wouldn't this situation also apply to UK? UK has a scholarship open and the eligibility issues wouldn't negatively affect UK, right?

He isn't worth the hassle for an established program with a talent laden roster. For a school like UC with an open scholarship, and a long tournament drought, taking a risk is much more worth it. If he doesn't make it past the NCAA nothing is lost. If he does, and later gets hit with eligibility issues it was before UC got involved...
My, how we've changed our tune:

 

The last kid you want is Stephenson.

And he's got one of the worst attitude problems of any recruit in years...

You don't want anything to do with Stephenson...
I guess it's different once he casts his lot with the local team, huh?
  • Author
Perhaps I'm missing something, or getting down to semantics, but wouldn't this situation also apply to UK? UK has a scholarship open and the eligibility issues wouldn't negatively affect UK, right?

Yes, but with the heat already on Cal to an extent, it is more risky from a perception standpoint. Mick will take plenty of heat for this, but if it was Cal it would be a feeding frenzy...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.