Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Source: Stephenson picks Cincinnati

Featured Replies

  • Author
My, how we've changed our tune:

 

 

 

I guess it's different once he casts his lot with the local team, huh?

 

More like things can change once you get to sit down and talk to a kid for a while and watch him interact with his peers. He wasn't at all what I expected this weekend, and it changed my feelings on the situation...

  • Replies 105
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More like things can change once you get to sit down and talk to a kid for a while and watch him interact with his peers. He wasn't at all what I expected this weekend, and it changed my feelings on the situation...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

Whatever ...

  • Author
:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

Whatever ...

So you were there with me this weekend forming an opinion in person? No? Exactly. Whatever...

This happened quick. Was this going on undercover, or did Mick just get involved and Lance jumped at the chance, or did Lance's people inquire and Mick jumped at the chance?

So you were there with me this weekend forming an opinion in person? No? Exactly. Whatever...
No, but it's obvious where your allegiances lie ...
  • Author
This happened quick. Was this going on undercover, or did Mick just get involved and Lance jumped at the chance, or did Lance's people inquire and Mick jumped at the chance?

 

Mick has been working on it for a few months, but did it off the radar. And yes I knew about it and was against it up until getting to meet him and watch him around the team this weekend...

More like things can change once you get to sit down and talk to a kid for a while and watch him interact with his peers. He wasn't at all what I expected this weekend, and it changed my feelings on the situation...

Perhaps relying on hearsay and second-hand reports about a kid's attitude, which is as subjective as anything, is what we need to take from this.......

  • Author
Perhaps relying on hearsay and second-hand reports about a kid's attitude, which is as subjective as anything, is what we need to take from this.......

A lot of that came from his actions at the 19U Team USA tryouts last year where he was pretty much a total jerk. I got the feeling from him that as his stock plummeted he has been humbled by it quite a bit...

He isn't worth the hassle for an established program with a talent laden roster. For a school like UC with an open scholarship, and a long tournament drought, taking a risk is much more worth it. If he doesn't make it past the NCAA nothing is lost. If he does, and later gets hit with eligibility issues it was before UC got involved...

 

I think I'm agreeing w/ you kind of.

 

UC is going to be fairly good this year w/o him. Does he really add anything of value to them? I understand he's talented, but at what cost? What happens if he is eligible and he really is a head case? Do they lose what they've built?

I hope he is cleared to play, Crosstown shootout will get a lot more hype this year with Stephenson and Crawford on the floor.

  • Author
I think I'm agreeing w/ you kind of.

 

UC is going to be fairly good this year w/o him. Does he really add anything of value to them? I understand he's talented, but at what cost? What happens if he is eligible and he really is a head case? Do they lose what they've built?

 

It's certainly a risk, and I don't deny that, but he is the one thing Mick has really lacked and that's an offensive force at SF. They have been lucky to get 6 points a game from the position in his tenure, and it has been a major factor in them teetering between average and awful on any given night.

 

Here is the thing I've been wrestling with since the weekend. If he really is a bad teammate, how do you explain 4 NYC titles and 2 NY State titles???

Here is the thing I've been wrestling with since the weekend. If he really is a bad teammate, how do you explain 4 NYC titles and 2 NY State titles???

 

Talent. It doesn't change his reputation. The game I saw on national TV and it was admittedly only one game he was frustrated and whined. Is he a baby or ultra competetive? Is he a great teammate or a nut job? If I'm UC I do it in a heart beat and I like UC a lot. In fact I follow them more than anyone except UK. I'd just hate to see this backfire and the team lose focus. This is their year to prove they belong.

  • Author
Is he a baby or ultra competetive? Is he a great teammate or a nut job? If I'm UC I do it in a heart beat and I like UC a lot. In fact I follow them more than anyone except UK. I'd just hate to see this backfire and the team lose focus. This is their year to prove they belong.

 

Agreed on all points...

Hope all works out!

I don't blame Cincinnati a bit for it ... Cronin's taken some questionable gambles on guys in the past. Some he won, some he lost, and with some it was both.

 

But if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. No matter how humbled he might be.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.