Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Source: Stephenson picks Cincinnati

Featured Replies

Quite possibly he just realizes he may have jumped the gun on prematurely condemning this kid as trouble, and realize it is a POSSIBILITY he will be just fine and really contribute something to this UC team.

 

Obviously he is a UC fan, but he is usually pretty dead on concerning things other than UC as well, and I think that even if he met Stephenson this weekend and realized he wasn't as terrrible as people had reported or as he thought before and it wasn't affiliated with UC at all, he'd say so. Seems like you just have a vendetta and are negative more often than not. I say let it go...

 

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

  • Replies 105
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
When you say things like "yeah, he's a headcase, but now he's my headcase" ... yeah, that calls your objectivity into question.

When have I ever backed away from the fact there is a lot of baggage with Lance? Not once.

 

Risk worth taking. How many times do I have to make that clear? You obviously agree...

Why would I have a vendetta against him? That would imply that it's personal. I've never met the dude, and he's taken plenty of shots at me, too.

 

As far as I'm concerned, we simply disagree on some issues.

 

Besides, I'm simply calling it as I see it ... that's the way I do it.

 

 

 

Hey me too man..

Yeah. The Reds sure are awful. Much worse than when he got here. One word. Hilarious...

 

Don't the Reds currently have a losing record this season, and an overall losing record with Dusty at the helm? Isn't his winning percentage with the Reds .468, which is worse than interim manager Phil MacKanin's .513 and a whole percentage point over Jerry Narron's .467 that got him fired?

 

Since you used Dusty as a touchstone to post :lol::lol::lol: at Westsider care to address this?

  • Author
Since you used Dusty as a touchstone to post :lol::lol::lol: at Westsider care to address this?

The Reds are awful. 1 game under .500 going into July with great health all season and a whopping 4 games back. Just awful. They should be kicked out of MLB...

  • Author

Besides, I'm simply calling it as I see it ... that's the way I do it.

 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

Yeah. Just not my style...

The Reds are awful. 1 game under .500 going into July with great health all season and a whopping 4 games back. Just awful. They should be kicked out of MLB...

 

 

And yet the fact remains that they have performed almost exactly the same under Dusty Baker as they did under Jerry Narron--which was exactly good enough to get Narron fired. So if they aren't awful, I guess they are what? Mediocre? I guess they've got that going for them--which is nice.....

  • Author
And yet the fact remains that they have performed almost exactly the same under Dusty Baker as they did under Jerry Narron--which was exactly good enough to get Narron fired. So if they aren't awful, I guess they are what? Mediocre? I guess they've got that going for them--which is nice.....

And this is the Reds trading a AA prospect for Manny straight up. What a bad move...

And this is the Reds trading a AA prospect for Manny straight up. What a bad move...

 

What are you even talking about here? Are you seriously comparing Dusty as a manager to Manny as a hitter? THAT'S laughable.

  • Author
What are you even talking about here?

 

The topic at hand. See thread title...

The topic at hand. See thread title...

 

Oh, so its okay for you to ridicule westsider when he used your defense of Dusty to show that you are, indeed, a huge homer. But when asked how Dusty's tenure was any different than Narron's you choose to go back and use LS's recruitment as a Reds metaphor then leave Dusty out of it.........Interesting.... And you wanted to nominate me as the biggest homer on BGP. :lol::lol::lol:

And this is the Reds trading a AA prospect for Manny straight up. What a bad move...

 

Of course Dusty would probably still play Tavares and Hairston ahead of Manny........

  • Author
Oh, so its okay for you to ridicule westsider when he used your defense of Dusty to show that you are, indeed, a huge homer. But when asked how Dusty's tenure was any different than Narron's you choose to go back and use LS's recruitment as a Reds metaphor then leave Dusty out of it.........Interesting.... And you wanted to nominate me as the biggest homer on BGP. :lol::lol::lol:

 

I have no stance on Dusty other than how funny it was for Cubs HOMERS to hammer him now that he's here.

 

I've taken zero stance on this Reds team other than to pass along what I was told was going on with Votto that didn't include him liking guys. He lost his DAD and is not over it. What a mess.

 

I don't work the Reds or Bengals beat, and have zero desire to do so, but I do know people with that info after almost 15 years in the media business. Lots of my contacts work that beat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Now back on topic. This a a risk for Mick, but one worth taking at this point. Florida and now Kansas are doing all they can to get back in the mix as of 6 hours ago.

 

 

Whatever. Still sums it up perfectly...

  • Author
you are, indeed, a huge homer.

 

Was going back over this thread and that one really made me laugh. Quite funny and ironic all at the same time...

Was going back over this thread and that one really made me laugh. Quite funny and ironic all at the same time...

 

I'm not saying I'm not a homer with regards to the Red Sox......However, I'd like for you to go back and point out where I was way off in my opinions of them. I didn't even pick them in the ALCS last season--I gave an honest opinion. Go back and look it up.

 

 

You can't tell me that your coverage of UC doesn't slant your view of their program........

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.