Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Source: Stephenson picks Cincinnati

Featured Replies

Any truth to the rumor the NCAA has a bullseye on him?

  • Replies 105
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Any truth to the rumor the NCAA has a bullseye on him?

I don't think it's as bad as some make it out to be. They will certainly check on his amateur status in regards to the web site and reality show to see if anyone close to him has been paid for it...

More like things can change once you get to sit down and talk to a kid for a while and watch him interact with his peers. He wasn't at all what I expected this weekend, and it changed my feelings on the situation...

 

So does this mean that you will forever withhold judgement on any players attitude until you get to sit down and talk to him and watch him closely?? I sincerely hope so.

  • Author
So does this mean that you will forever withhold judgement on any players attitude until you get to sit down and talk to him and watch him closely?? I sincerely hope so.

Doubt it... :idunno:

Doubt it... :idunno:

 

At least you're honest. :lol:

So does this mean that you will forever withhold judgement on any players attitude until you get to sit down and talk to him and watch him closely?? I sincerely hope so.
Or until he comes to Cincinnati ...
  • Author
Or until he comes to Cincinnati ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is a risk UC should take. I mean if it doesnt work its not like its something new there. GT its ok to change on a kid when he comes to your school, if it was UK all of us would be doing the same.

  • Author
This is a risk UC should take. I mean if it doesnt work its not like its something new there. GT its ok to change on a kid when he comes to your school, if it was UK all of us would be doing the same.

Westsider has enjoyed trying to attack me for years. I really could care less...

  • Author

Just got the press release in my inbox. It's official...

 

CINCINNATI - University of Cincinnati head men’s basketball coach Mick Cronin announced today that Lance Stephenson (Brooklyn, N.Y./Abraham Lincoln), a 6-6 forward and a 2009 McDonald’s High School All-American, has signed a financial aid agreement with the Bearcats and will join the team for the 2009-10 season.

 

“We are very excited about Lance’s decision to become a Bearcat,” said Cronin. “Lance has terrific talent as a basketball player, and is also a fierce competitor on the court. His desire to win will help us compete for a BIG EAST Championship.

 

“As a big guard, Lance brings playmaking ability and versatility to our team, along with his talent for scoring. We look forward to getting Lance here for summer school and building our team for the upcoming season.”

This is exciting for UC basketball!

Good for Mick, he needs to hit a homerun and this could be it. I still think it's going to be hard to get him elgible. There is a reason nearly every school in the country quit recruiting the kid. He's got the very serious courtcase and the ammy status stuff to deal with.

 

UC must of been big time under the radar. Zags followed the Lance recruitment closer than anyone out there, and never mentioned UC one time. Matter a fact, it was down to Memphis or Eurpope (according to him) as recently as last week.

 

I hope it works out for all parties involved.

  • Author
Good for Mick, he needs to hit a homerun and this could be it. I still think it's going to be hard to get him elgible. There is a reason nearly every school in the country quit recruiting the kid. He's got the very serious courtcase and the ammy status stuff to deal with.

 

UC must of been big time under the radar. Zags followed the Lance recruitment closer than anyone out there, and never mentioned UC one time. Matter a fact, it was down to Memphis or Eurpope (according to him) as recently as last week.

 

I hope it works out for all parties involved.

Mick was the dark horse in this thing for a while, but I wasn't allowed to say anything. We'll see what happens from here, but he did a great job staying off the radar as things played out...

DeCourcy is reporting that Florida was trying to land him as recently as this weekend...

 

I heard they had backed away from him a little over a week ago.

I think Mick did this to create a buzz, because he has been lacking it at UC...right, wrong or indifferent.

It is a risk but could also bring high reward if they get him eligible.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.