Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Source: Stephenson picks Cincinnati

Featured Replies

  • Author

But if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. No matter how humbled he might be.

 

Many of the same things were said about Willie Warren last year, and he turned out to be a team guy 100%. Was he somehow a goose???

  • Replies 105
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Many of the same things were said about Willie Warren last year, and he turned out to be a team guy 100%. Was he somehow a goose???
Were you hammering Warren for being a bad attitude and a head case, too?
  • Author
Were you hammering Warren for being a bad attitude and a head case, too?

I hammered him for liking to talk too much, which is what created a lot of his problems. I was one of the few that defended Willie as a good kid, and I was right...

How much did Zimpher being gone help to recruit this kid ?

  • Author
How much did Zimpher being gone help to recruit this kid ?

Her lackey is running the show, so not much...

I hammered him for liking to talk too much, which is what created a lot of his problems. I was one of the few that defended Willie as a good kid, and I was right...
Well, you're on both sides of the fence now, so I guess you can claim to be right later.

 

It's obvious your tune only changed when the Bearcats came into play ...

  • Author
Well, you're on both sides of the fence now, so I guess you can claim to be right later.

 

It's obvious your tune only changed when the Bearcats came into play ...

UC has been in play for TWO MONTHS, and up until this weekend I was against taking him. My tune changed when I spent some time around him, and saw a lot different than what I've been told in the past. Do I have to go over it again???

My tune changed when I spent some time around him ...
Or just when it became a realistic possibility.

 

Again, I hope it works. I'd like to see Cronin win there.

  • Author
Or just when it became a realistic possibility.

 

Wrong again. It's been a very realistic possibility since they got involved...

UC has been in play for TWO MONTHS, and up until this weekend I was against taking him. My tune changed when I spent some time around him, and saw a lot different than what I've been told in the past. Do I have to go over it again???

 

So no worries that what you saw this weekend was the exception rather than the rule?

 

Every time I've seen him play, he's been the most me-first guy I've ever seen at the HS level. (This is just from watching on TV though.)

  • Author
So no worries that what you saw this weekend was the exception rather than the rule?

 

Every time I've seen him play, he's been the most me-first guy I've ever seen at the HS level. (This is just from watching on TV though.)

Of course it's a concern. But he is friends with Kilpatrick and Gates already for a few years and really got along with Vaughn. Never said it wasn't a risk, it's just one I'm fine with Mick taking...

I have to ask...Cautioulsy optimisitc of what? You've been fairly clear a bunch of times that he isn't worth the hassel.

 

More like things can change once you get to sit down and talk to a kid for a while and watch him interact with his peers. He wasn't at all what I expected this weekend, and it changed my feelings on the situation...

 

It's certainly a risk, and I don't deny that, but he is the one thing Mick has really lacked and that's an offensive force at SF. They have been lucky to get 6 points a game from the position in his tenure, and it has been a major factor in them teetering between average and awful on any given night.

 

Here is the thing I've been wrestling with since the weekend. If he really is a bad teammate, how do you explain 4 NYC titles and 2 NY State titles???

 

Agreed on all points...

 

All these things are great to debate. Like I have said, I would take Stephenson today. He from the few times I have watched him, seems like he is a legit future NBA wing man. I'd take him over any other player I saw this year besides Wall.

 

And you can look past his faults when he is on your team. Obviously he has a lot of baggage, but I bet he isn't as bad as he seems.

Are his parents going to move to Cincinnati with him?

  • Author
Are his parents going to move to Cincinnati with him?

Not sure. I've been trying to get in touch with his dad, and haven't yet spoken to him...

  • Author

DeCourcy is reporting that Florida was trying to land him as recently as this weekend...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.