Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Latest word on Meeks?

Featured Replies

Pretty sure I just heard on the News he was coming back.....but the TV was in the other room...so I could be wrong

 

Ummm WLEX is reporting that they have no clue as to what he's doing, however said tomorrow's deadline is at 5:00 pm.

Edited by gold sunrise
Editing quote

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I'd like to give credit to Meeks for being able to keep this quite as possible. He's a very secretive guy, lol.

WLEX is reporting that they talked with Meeks' father tonight and he stated that a decision hadnt been made as of yet. That would lead me to believe that Meekshadn't hasnhasn'tt received a first round guarantee at this time. Doesn't mean he isn't going to take a chance on getting drafted but I dint think the guarantee has been given.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

This is by far the situation with the least amount of information out there this summer. Jodie is doing a very good job of not showing his cards. Its killing me.

Like I said, that's just what I thought I heard from the other. I said it could have been wrong.

It seems like he's looking to get out no matter what

 

Agreed!

It seems like he's looking to get out no matter what

 

I don't look at it as him looking to "get out" as much as he's looking to "get in." He'll be lucky to be a first round pick next year because of the quality of the draft, certainly no fault of his own. If he can get in, get paid, and get with a good team this season, why would he not go?

I think he is looking for a reason to stay in the draft. He was one of BCG's two go-to guys. I do not think he will be relied on as much in Coach Cal's offense with the talent that is coming in. His stock could possibly go down if he comes back.

I think he is looking for a reason to stay in the draft. He was one of BCG's two go-to guys. I do not think he will be relied on as much in Coach Cal's offense with the talent that is coming in. His stock could possibly go down if he comes back.

 

Go-to guys? Gillispie was openly telling him not to shoot during the final month of the season.

 

I don't believe Meeks would average 25 per game under Calipari, but I do believe he would be relied upon greatly for crunch time scoring.

I think he is looking for a reason to stay in the draft. He was one of BCG's two go-to guys. I do not think he will be relied on as much in Coach Cal's offense with the talent that is coming in. His stock could possibly go down if he comes back.

 

Which player coming in can score off the wing? Meeks is the only proven wing threat UK has. If he's back he averages 18-20 PPG. With the post talent the Cats have and Wall penetrating he will have all kinds of room to launch 3's!

 

BTW, I'm not exactly the biggest Meeks fan, just telling it like I see it.

Well, today is the day. Let's start checking flight plans and putting cameras on doors.....

I was thinking if he comes back he could possibly be the 4th player selected from his own team. Hadn't really thought of that way, but if he comes back and shows no real improvement he could go behind Wall, Patterson, and Cousins.

Well, as far as I know, there is not any kind of press conference called for today. That could read out as bad news for UK....

He is projected 47th by DraftExpress in the latest draft (early this morning).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.