Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Was it Worth It?????

Was the wait worth it??? 48 members have voted

  1. 1. Was the wait worth it???

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Ever since the memorable (or forgettable whichever you choose) Elite 8 game with Mich. St down in Austin, Kentucky has been very un-Kentucky like. This past season is the season Kentucky finally hit rock bottom when of course the Cats missed the tourney for the first time since the probation days. Now with Patterson coming back for a third season, Meeks likely to do the same, the number one class in the land, a chance at adding Wall, and more importantly an actual reason to be excited and optimistic for the the upcoming season. My question is, was it worth it? Was it worth going through the downhill slope in order for the chips to fall the way they did leading the program to where it is now and where it is in the future. I say yes. It was hard to see the Cats go from top to bottom out, but now with so much promise for next season I think it could be all worth it in the end. The same way I think it was worth it for North Carolina to fall off just to return to prominence with a couple national titles. I think Kentucky bounces back pretty much the same way, and if banner number eight hits the Rupp Rafters, then obviously the wait and agony is way worth it.

 

Was it worth it to you?

I don't know.

 

If you told me after that game that Kentucky would win the 2010 title, but would have a falling from supremecy then I could possibly understand.

 

I think things have a way of coming back around. I think it was destiny that process that we went through to get where we could possibly be at seasons end.

 

If I had a choice that said: would you rather UK remain relevant, but not win a title from 2005 until 2015, or would you rather Kentucky fall from the top, but regain to win the 2010 title, I would probably go with the latter.

 

I think that next season is going to all be about Kentucky. Everyone will talk about where we came from (the past few seasons) and how we're back to being Kentucky. We'll be the talk of the basketball nation.

If you're telling me that UK is guaranteed a title this next season in this scenario, and that they couldn't have won any titles by being better in those terrible years, then yeah, it's worth it.

Kentucky has been down for about the past 5 years. Everye program seems to experience down times but this sure lasted long. Calapari appears to be the perfect fit though, it may have been worth it.

A little premature to be asking this right now.

Wow guys.... Take it easy... It's May. :lol:

hahahahahahaha.... UK back to supremacy without winning a game since the NIT. Classic.

  • Author

I stated there is actually reason to be optimistic for next season compared to false hopes as I feel the last couple years have been. I know its May, and I have never claimed winning anything yet, but to think next season will not be a good one would be a little off base IMO. Especially playing in the SEC.

You have to wait and see how the season goes first. We have not done nothing but get a great class coming in. Look at what Billy D. has done at UF with a top 5 class two years ago (NIT, NIT). But I voted yes.

A lot seem to think Kentucky should be written in the title game already for next year.

  • Author
A lot seem to think Kentucky should be written in the title game already for next year.

 

I don't think anybody's saying that at all. And for those jumping to conclusions and saying everyone is getting ahead of themselves, I don't see this thread being any different than the expectations thread.

 

 

To sum it up, Kentucky has been bad (by Kentucky standards) for the past four or five seasons. Through each of those seasons though the BBN as a fan base always had the usual same high expectations and optimism. However, this year with things falling in place the way they are, I think this is the first true off season we have had in a while in which optimism of BBN standards is actually going to be merited. Nobody's saying a banner will be hung next year, but I will say if you think with the team we have assembled right now + coach, energy, excitement, whatever, then getting bounced in the second round will be a HUGE disapointment.

 

 

 

Your going from a starting lineup that looked like

 

 

Porter

Meeks

Harris

Stevenson

Pat

 

 

to

 

Bledsoe (Wall possibly)

Meeks

(number of possibilities) Miller, Dodson, Hood,

Cousins

Pat

 

with quality guys coming off the bench in support of this cast. The seventh and eighth guys on next years team will be 10x better than a couple of the starters this past season.

 

 

 

So yes, I am optimistic, and being real I think this is the first time in a while that optimism for next season is merited, and this IMO was worth the wait of false hope.

I don't think anybody's saying that at all. And for those jumping to conclusions and saying everyone is getting ahead of themselves, I don't see this thread being any different than the expectations thread.

 

 

To sum it up, Kentucky has been bad (by Kentucky standards) for the past four or five seasons. Through each of those seasons though the BBN as a fan base always had the usual same high expectations and optimism. However, this year with things falling in place the way they are, I think this is the first true off season we have had in a while in which optimism of BBN standards is actually going to be merited. Nobody's saying a banner will be hung next year, but I will say if you think with the team we have assembled right now + coach, energy, excitement, whatever, then getting bounced in the second round will be a HUGE disapointment.

 

 

 

Your going from a starting lineup that looked like

 

 

Porter

Meeks

Harris

Stevenson

Pat

 

 

to

 

Bledsoe (Wall possibly)

Meeks

(number of possibilities) Miller, Dodson, Hood,

Cousins

Pat

 

with quality guys coming off the bench in support of this cast. The seventh and eighth guys on next years team will be 10x better than a couple of the starters this past season.

 

 

So yes, I am optimistic, and being real I think this is the first time in a while that optimism for next season is merited, and this IMO was worth the wait of false hope.

 

:thumb: There will be starters from last year that are still on the bench when the seventh and eighth guys are coming off it.

That's going to be the difference next year.

We had guys starting at UK the last few years (Stockton, Thomas, etc.) that very well may not have started at many/any Big D-1 schools, but now we have ACTUAL starting talent with ACTUAL talent backups. Baby steps toward an NCAA title, but these are BIG baby steps....

That's going to be the difference next year.

We had guys starting at UK the last few years (Stockton, Thomas, etc.) that very well may not have started at many/any Big D-1 schools, but now we have ACTUAL starting talent with ACTUAL talent backups. Baby steps toward an NCAA title, but these are BIG baby steps....[/quote]

 

 

:thumb:

That's going to be the difference next year.

We had guys starting at UK the last few years (Stockton, Thomas, etc.) that very well may not have started at many/any Big D-1 schools, but now we have ACTUAL starting talent with ACTUAL talent backups. Baby steps toward an NCAA title, but these are BIG baby steps....

 

Leaps from what we have taken the past couple years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.