May 4, 200917 yr Gives campus visit a whole new meaning I guess. Raleigh, N.C. — Local high school basketball standout John Wall, one of the nation's top uncommitted college prospects, has been cited with breaking and entering, Raleigh police said Monday. Authorities said Wall, 18, was charged with misdemeanor breaking and entering in connection with an April 27 break-in at a home at 3924 Laurel Glen Drive in Raleigh. STORY LINK
May 4, 200917 yr I don't understand why on Earth he could do something like this. You don't accidently break and enter a house. What an idiot.
May 4, 200917 yr If there's no forced entry and nothings missing how do you get charged with breaking and entering?
May 4, 200917 yr My first inclination is to "move on" with him. I guess I would like to hear the story though.
May 4, 200917 yr If there's no forced entry and nothings missing how do you get charged with breaking and entering? They dropped the breaking charge. Now he's just being charged with entering.
May 4, 200917 yr This doesn't look good at all, but I will let this one play out. May explain why he wanted to visit North Carolina Central.:idunno:
May 4, 200917 yr If there's no forced entry and nothings missing how do you get charged with breaking and entering? The door does not have to be locked to be considered breaking and entering. If you are on the premises without permission that is what constitutes the breaking and entering. My guess is since nothing was taken is why it is only a misdemeanor. It is still pretty stupid.
May 4, 200917 yr This whole thing sounds shady. Wall was arrested when "an officer saw Wall leaving from the rear of the residence and was able to detain him." So he saw somebody leaving a house and arrested him? One guy was arrrested walking down the street and the other "when he returned to the residence." I'm really curious about why they were at the house, and why they were arrested for it. An abandoned house they hung out at maybe? Otherwise I'm not sure why you would "break" in and not take/damage anything.
May 4, 200917 yr From my initial perusal of the web re: misdemeanor B&E it sounds like its similiar or the same to "trespassing." One case involved college kids playing b-ball in the school gym after it was closed. Another involved kids being in an abandoned building that was open.
May 4, 200917 yr For you legal eagles, what does this mean exactly? misdemeanor breaking and entering An officer saw Wall leaving from the rear of the residence no forced entry at the residence no indication that anything was taken (I see I am too slow. I started typing a few minutes ago, but didn't submit it because of a phone call)
May 4, 200917 yr Sounds like he was in a place he shouldn't have been in...probably wasn't there to steal anything or to destroy anything. Just got caught being somewhere he wasn't supposed to be I guess.
May 4, 200917 yr Sounds like he was in a place he shouldn't have been in...Probably hiding from reporters LOL
May 4, 200917 yr From my initial perusal of the web re: misdemeanor B&E it sounds like its similiar or the same to "trespassing." One case involved college kids playing b-ball in the school gym after it was closed. Another involved kids being in an abandoned building that was open. Pure speculation on my part, but the bolded is what this sounds like to me.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.