Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hypothetical....if Wall is a Cat.....

Featured Replies

Let's say he ends up a Wildcat, which I am confident will happen. If UK makes the Elite 8 (but not Final Four).....odds are Wall is one and done, it is likely that Patterson would be as well, and of course Meeks is done....where would that leave UK afterwards? Is that the positive Cat fans are looking for, or is it another task to go to the drawing board?

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's say he ends up a Wildcat, which I am confident will happen. If UK makes the Elite 8 (but not Final Four).....odds are Wall is one and done, it is likely that Patterson would be as well, and of course Meeks is done....where would that leave UK afterwards? Is that the positive Cat fans are looking for, or is it another task to go to the drawing board?

I guess nobody will be coming in to replace them?

I guess nobody will be coming in to replace them?

 

Obviously, but how often will you have a class like Wall, Cousins, and Orton?

Obviously, but how often will you have a class like Wall, Cousins, and Orton?

The 2010 class just might end up better...

If UK makes the Elite 8 this year, my guess is the fanbase would be satisfied, and most expect the next year to be a down year... However, like GT says, Calipari never stops and the class of 2010 may be just as good... Orton, Dodson, Bledsoe(?), Miller, Hood, and Pilgrim is a solid group, and throw in a good 2010 group, and its another Sweet 16 year... I don't think Calipari is ever going to have to go through a rebuilding year...

While you could probably make the argument with that talent you'd be thinking Final 4, I think it'd be sufficient to go to the Elite 8 a year after missing the tourney altogether. Last year was awful enough that it'll be relatively easy to satisfy the fanbase.

I hope we have to cross that bridge if it comes to that.

The 2010 class just might end up better...

 

I thought you didn't post as much. :irked: :lol:

  • Author
The 2010 class just might end up better...

 

Of course...but is it worth the APR hit? At the end of the day, is it a start over?

  • Author
While you could probably make the argument with that talent you'd be thinking Final 4, I think it'd be sufficient to go to the Elite 8 a year after missing the tourney altogether. Last year was awful enough that it'll be relatively easy to satisfy the fanbase.

 

Would it....let's say they rattle off 20 in row? And in the SEC that could very well happen. With Wall, I see UK being a 2 seed at worst.

Would it....let's say they rattle off 20 in row? And in the SEC that could very well happen. With Wall, I see UK being a 2 seed at worst.

 

They're not crazy enough to be upset with an Elite 8... Impossible.

Here is the difference with Coach Cal and a Tubby or BCG.. coach Cal will go out and get another Wall next year.

Of course...but is it worth the APR hit? At the end of the day, is it a start over?

 

No APR hit as long as they finish the year in good standing any more...

I trust that Cal will be able to bring in a John Wall quite often in Lexington

I could see at least 3 5 star players in the 2010 class come to UK, so I don't think it would be a big hit. Of course, they could just as easily not get any, but I don't think that happens.

 

It's super early, and I have zero insider info, but if I had to guess, I'd say Brandon Knight, Roscoe Smith, and Dorian Lamb are all Cats in 2010.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.