Covington Catholic 13 Scott 5

It was good to see Gerwe maintain his composure and keep his head in it, after back to back HR's by Adkins and Murray.

I think someone who doesn't get much recognition on here, but should is Lafever. He had a great hit at the beginning of the game, and has really offered even more padding for Maile, Darner, and Isler.

Standout play of the game for me was where Darner overthrew first base, [which hardly ever will happen, so I don't look much at the error at all] and Hiller from Scott rounded third to go home and was nearly there but was thrown out by a strike from Isler to Maile who laid the tag on. Stuff like that makes games worth going to.

The poor right fielder for Scott, I don't know if it was sun, or just maybe not playing that position regularly [and I honestly don't know, so that is not sarcasm], but he seemed pretty lost out there at times.

If you heard a loud scream in and round the Oakbrook area in Boone County and wondered what it might have been, well it was me. After completing my entire post on the Scott/CovCath game, I hit the wrong key on the keyboard and bye, bye to all my work.

I will not redo all the work that I just lost tonight, but I do what to make three comments.

1) I was told after the game, that the next base hit that Luke Maile earns, will break the current record at CovCath for career hits! Quite impressive indeed, when you consider the storied history of CovCath baseball.

2) CovCath will be playing a very important 35th District seeding game against Cov Holmes at 5pm tomorrow (Thursday) April 23rd @ Cov Holmes.

3) My daughter and her friends at the Newman House were outstanding doing their skit tonight at the MSU "All Campus Sing" as were all the student of Murray State University. :clap::notworthy::clap::notworthy: Way to go Em, I am so proud of you, I love you and miss you....:thumb:

Edited by Theoldguy

If you heard a loud scream in and round the Oakbrook area in Boone County and wondered what it might have been, well it was me. After completing my entire post on the Scott/CovCath game, I hit the wrong key on the keyboard and bye, bye to all my work.

I will not redo all the work that I just lost tonight, but I do what to make two comments.

1) I was told after the game, that the next base hit that Luke Maile earns, will break the current record at CovCath for career hits! Quite impressive indeed, when you consider the storied history of CovCath baseball.

2) CovCath will be playing a very important 35th District seeding game against Cov Holmes at 5pm tomorrow (Thursday) April 23rd @ Cov Holmes.

Ha try the EDIT>>Undo option next time you do so.

You are right the right fielder for Scott did seem to look lost at times trying to catch the ball but the sun was a liitle bit bad out there. There should be no excuses for missing balls with or without the sun especially since he is a 3 year Varsity starter for Scott in right field.

The right fielder however is leading NKY in homeruns and rbi's I know this for a fact and other people would to if Scott would turn statistics into the paper. So I guess sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. I still would let him play right field for me anytime if I had a team.

You are right the right fielder for Scott did seem to look lost at times trying to catch the ball but the sun was a liitle bit bad out there. There should be no excuses for missing balls with or without the sun especially since he is a 3 year Varsity starter for Scott in right field.

The right fielder however is leading NKY in homeruns and rbi's I know this for a fact and other people would to if Scott would turn statistics into the paper. So I guess sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. I still would let him play right field for me anytime if I had a team.

I've heard nothing bit good things about him. Anyone can have a bad day. It's too bad it was against the top ranked team in NKY because CCH will take advantage of any miscue and turn it into runs. I know this kid and I'm sure he will pick himself up and be ready to play today.