Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Frosh football players in Kentucky

Featured Replies

Who is the best of the best in frosh?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is the best of the best in frosh?

 

I know most of what is said here is speculation but you are really getting way out there trying to figure this one out. Unless there are some stud 8th graders who played varsity last year, I don't think anyone can truly have much of an idea who the best freshman is.

If this was last years Freshmen then I'll go #2 from Louisville Central

Anthony Wales RB. He had a touchdown and about a 100 yds rushing

as a backup in the 3a state Championship last year.

He's a tough kid with moves.

I know most of what is said here is speculation but you are really getting way out there trying to figure this one out. Unless there are some stud 8th graders who played varsity last year, I don't think anyone can truly have much of an idea who the best freshman is.

 

Didn't think 8th graders were allowed to play High School football:confused:

I'm guessing we are just supposed to give our opinion. I think you can get a pretty good idea of who will develop from 8th grade. Some kids may do all the growing there going to others still have some growing to do and it also depends on weightlifting but talent wise I think you would know.

Didn't think 8th graders were allowed to play High School football:confused:

 

They aren't.

My Opinion: Sometimes it's hard to look at a player so young and say what he will be. Tyson Williams at McCreary Central passes the Look Test. In-coming FR. 6' 4" 240 probally will play TE/ DE. Great size, Great hands and a good work ethic.

They aren't.

Not true. I know 2 8th graders playing Freshman football at Highlands.

8th graders can play High School Football. I think that 8th graders can't play varsity. Please correct me if I'm wrong

8th graders can play High School Football. I think that 8th graders can't play varsity. Please correct me if I'm wrong

 

8th graders can not compete against any kid that has logged or logs varisty minutes. So if you have an 8th grader playing JV and some of the JV kids play varsity. You have broken a rule.

Bylaw 4. Enrollment

d) Pupils in grades 1-8 may play on the high school team if

such participation is not in conflict with Section ©

above, and the time so played shall not be counted on

the eight (8) semester limit. EXCEPTION: Students

below grade nine (9) may not participate on the varsity

team in contests in the sports of football or soccer, and

students enrolled below grade seven (7) may not

participate on the varsity level in wrestling. The

provisions of this restriction shall not apply to nonvarsity

teams participating in these sports.

Who is the best of the best in frosh?

 

Tucker Lewis(incoming freshman) at Harlan Co has to be one of the strongest in Ky.

Tucker Lewis(incoming freshman) at Harlan Co has to be one of the strongest in Ky.

 

I heard he put on a show today at the Lynn Camp powerlift meet.

I heard he won the middle school lift and finished second in his weight class, who got 1st?

 

His brother (Hunter Lewis) who will be a 7th grader also competed and won some.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.