Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK's New Arena

Featured Replies

All it states is that it will be over 22K....rest assured Louisville will make sure to beat Rupp's capacity, and then UK will return the favor with the Gillispie Dome.

 

I just about fell out of my chair! Nice one!!! :laugh::lol::thumb::notworthy:

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I love Rupp, and would hate UK get another one when Rupp is so legendary. It is kind of like the Yankees getting a new park, what is the point? Rupp is so great and its lure and prestige are widespread. It is every Kentucky's boy's dream to play at Rupp. I really hope they are just considering, not actually going to do anything. It would be a waste and UK would lose a great piece of their program. When people think of UK they think of 2 things, national championships and Rupp Arena.

Personally, I love Rupp, and would hate UK get another one when Rupp is so legendary. It is kind of like the Yankees getting a new park, what is the point? Rupp is so great and its lure and prestige are widespread. It is every Kentucky's boy's dream to play at Rupp. I really hope they are just considering, not actually going to do anything. It would be a waste and UK would lose a great piece of their program. When people think of UK they think of 2 things, national championships and Rupp Arena.

 

I got a feeling that if UK got a new arena, that it would be every boys dream to play in that arena. I don't think it is as much Rupp arena that is every boys dream, it is the fact at playing at the same court UK plays on that is every boys dream. Also I am sure people could have said the same things about Memorial when Rupp was being built. Memorial actually probably has more history than Rupp arena does. So getting a new arena would not be a bad thing at all.

All it states is that it will be over 22K....rest assured Louisville will make sure to beat Rupp's capacity, and then UK will return the favor with the Gillispie Dome.

 

Have no fear little bro, Papa Kragthorpe Stadium is on its way too.

Rupp is an AWFUL place to watch a game. A new arena is much needed.

 

I am not a regular attender, being that I have only been to three games throughout my life, but I love watching games at Rupp. Probably because I am naive and just so freaking happy to be there.

Rupp is an AWFUL place to watch a game. A new arena is much needed.

 

Only been there twice for UK games and both times were in upper arena and I didnt care much for it. Dont think they could stuff any more people up there. You have really no room at all and your pretty cramped up. Id rather watch it on tv than be in the upper arena for a game. Hope that changes with a new arena.

Personally, I love Rupp, and would hate UK get another one when Rupp is so legendary. It is kind of like the Yankees getting a new park, what is the point? Rupp is so great and its lure and prestige are widespread. It is every Kentucky's boy's dream to play at Rupp. I really hope they are just considering, not actually going to do anything. It would be a waste and UK would lose a great piece of their program. When people think of UK they think of 2 things, national championships and Rupp Arena.

 

:thumb::thumb:

 

I agree, just renovate Rupp!

I know nothing other than this. When U of L's arena opens they'll have a larger attendance than UK....UK will not allow that for long. UK will have the biggest arena in Kentucky, bet on that.

 

It took 10 posts for this one to pop up? I thought it would've been under 8.

The thought of having an arena other than Rupp Arena is strange to me; however, I'm sure the new building would be state-of-the-art, so it's tough to be disappointed about that.

 

Change is the new thing, right?

One problem I have with Rupp is there's not enough leg room in the chair-back seats. It's difficult for people to get by you when they need to get to the middle seats even when you're standing.

Tennessee has an arena similar to Rupp, but the seating is much more comfortable.

Only been there twice for UK games and both times were in upper arena and I didnt care much for it. Dont think they could stuff any more people up there. You have really no room at all and your pretty cramped up. Id rather watch it on tv than be in the upper arena for a game. Hope that changes with a new arena.

 

I agree 100%...If they don't make those changes in the upper arena they might as well not build a new one...:thumb:

Build it on campus.

Whatever you do let the students and real fans have the seats around the court to make it a more "home-court" advantage than having the "money" sitting in those seats. I have always said take out the first 10-15 rows around the court and make it standing room only and let the students on those seats and move the rest of the seats up...JMO!!!

Whatever you do let the students and real fans have the seats around the court to make it a more "home-court" advantage than having the "money" sitting in those seats. I have always said take out the first 10-15 rows around the court and make it standing room only and let the students on those seats and move the rest of the seats up...JMO!!!

 

I think the best situation would be to have the students on the floor with the "money" sitting in luxury suites and in a specific section closer to the floor.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.