Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK's New Arena

Featured Replies

Any word or information on the feasability study by IMG? Just wondering how it is going? I think it was to be done April or May.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to know as well...

  • Author

With all the excitement around Coach Cal and his recruits this would be the icing and cherry and whipped cream on the cake!

With all the excitement around Coach Cal and his recruits this would be the icing and cherry and whipped cream on the cake!

 

:thumb:

Where is it going to be?

Any one have a a blue print or at least an idea where it is going to be or when will it start/ be finished ?

  • Author

When they first started this project, the new arena was to be across the street from Rupp in the parking lot I beleive. If it is built, it will not be named Rupp Arena, because of the money they'll recieve from naming rights. Rupp Arena will be remodled and reconfigured for concerts and convention space. , there was also monies to be included for a new baseball facility and enlarging parts of Commonwealth Stadium (concession stands, enlarging concourses, more restrooms). And all this was to be privately.

Is it for sure going to be across from Rupp? I know when I was at the boys Sweet 16, there wasnt any construction going on.

It is still in the "Idea" phase. Nothing has been decided, let alone construction started. This will be huge news in KY when and if it happens, there will be tons of discussion on BGP. It will not sneek up on us.

I know nothing other than this. When U of L's arena opens they'll have a larger attendance than UK....UK will not allow that for long. UK will have the biggest arena in Kentucky, bet on that.

I know nothing other than this. When U of L's arena opens they'll have a larger attendance than UK....UK will not allow that for long. UK will have the biggest arena in Kentucky, bet on that.

 

:thumb:

From what I seen on it, U of L's new arena will only hold 22,000. Little short of Rupp!

I know nothing other than this. When U of L's arena opens they'll have a larger attendance than UK....UK will not allow that for long. UK will have the biggest arena in Kentucky, bet on that.

 

I agree.:thumb:

From what I seen on it, U of L's new arena will only hold 22,000. Little short of Rupp!

 

All it states is that it will be over 22K....rest assured Louisville will make sure to beat Rupp's capacity, and then UK will return the favor with the Gillispie Dome.

Louisville’s new arena will be nice though, 36 suites, 2,000 club seats: with private lounge below big cushioned seats! Sports bar and Restaurant which you can go to everyday, with a view of the river.

“Total cost of the arena over 30 years is projected at around $602 million”, this is coming from University of Louisville News and Forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.