Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Isiah Thomas

Featured Replies

Another example of being a great player doesn't make you a great coach, or person as far as that goes.

 

:thumb:

 

I have noticed over the years that with very few exceptions, the best players do not make the best coaches in many sports. I believe the reason is that often, the best players have a great deal of natural ability. The players who seem to make the best coaches usually seem to have a great love for the game and often had to work harder and study the game more to stay in their respective league. They expect more, understand the game better, and therefore often make the better coaches. They were also often described as a player who was 'hardnosed and tough'.

 

In the NFL you can look at HOF Bart Starr who was a terrible coach but great player. Yet Bill Cowher and Jeff Fisher were pretty much special teams and backup players in the NFL and have been tremendously successful coaches. Michael Jordan was not a good coach, but as a player, ... well Michael was Michael. There are some exceptions to this, but for the most part, the mediocre pro players make the best coaches IMHO. Same has gone for Isaiah Thomas, ... great player, has not been a stellar coach (and I am being generous here).

Yes, you're right. He did leave a shipwreck, there.

 

That ship sank!

 

 

Wonder how much they are going to pay him.

WOW! Did not see him coaching again, even college.

Just make sure no females work in the basketball office and everything should be fine.

 

:lol:

 

Im a little torn on this. A lot of talent will take notice because of his NBA connections, considering I dont know of any coach at that level that have his connections.

 

Most talent that this would be a major factor to will be at bigger schools though. I would tend to guess that if he goes after stars that for some reason or other are neglected from the bigger programs, he will be very successful there. Of course there is a reason the bigger programs let these guys slip by........

Tim Hardaway may be his assistant, just rumors but the tv's sources say he's interested. If they get a big man to help they ma very well be an all-star team/coaching staff. He'll get some good players there just because he's a big name and has connections.

  • Author

When he was introduced at his press conference they called him Isiah Thompson.:D

Tim Hardaway may be his assistant, just rumors but the tv's sources say he's interested. If they get a big man to help they ma very well be an all-star team/coaching staff. He'll get some good players there just because he's a big name and has connections.

Ah yes, Tim Hardaway. Have not heard much from him since his homophobic comments.

Maybe they can spring Latrell Sprewell so he can join the staff, as well.

I thought it was hillarious that during the presser Pete Garcia said:

 

"I have gotten 500 text messages and emails over the past 48 hours from potential basketball recruits wanting to come to Florida International."

 

Seriously Pete? 500 kids got ahold of you? I don't think there are 500 kids in the past 4 recruiting classes that even know where FIU is.

I love this hire for FIU. I love Thomas and I think he will build this program up.

Maybe they can spring Latrell Sprewell so he can join the staff, as well.

 

But if Latrell doesn't agree with Thomas, will he choke him? Better watch him closely.

I can see it right now on ESPN's popular show sportscentury, Isiah Thomas finally found success....and a home.....at Florida International.

Maybe he can bring in Dwayne Schintzius...I think he can coach tennis as well!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.