Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Better UNC Coach? Roy or Dean?

Best UNC coach? 52 members have voted

  1. 1. Best UNC coach?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Where did I say, "if you project his current pace" ?

 

Right here.:p:cool::sssh::p:p:p:banana:

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both of Smith's titles were giftwrapped, thanks to Fred Brown and Chris Webber.

 

Only problem I have with that assertion West is that in both cases UNC was AHEAD when the gaffe was made. So while we can possibly try to predict each would make the necessary shot I don't know if it's lock cinch they were gift wrapped.

 

I can see it more so with Georgetown and Fred Brown. 1 point lead and about 8 seconds or so to go.

 

Webber however was trapped in the corner with about 6 seconds or so, had picked up his dribble and was nowhere near getting a shot or pass off.

Dean Smith; he did it longer at UNC and his coahing evolved throughout different eras and managed to maintain his level of success; he built what Carolina is

I just youtubed the Webber play.

 

 

I forgot how all that played out.

 

Webber rebounded the ball, down by 2, with :19 left.

 

He then took a dribble, went to pass the ball to Rose but a UNC player jumped the passing lane and so Webber picked it up and dribbled as if he had not walked (he did). The referee did not call it or missed it or couldn't believe it. So Webber, in panic drove the court and to the right corner. Turned and called the TO with :11 left, down by 2.

 

There was more time left than I remember. But if we are going to say Webber "gift wrapped it" then you could say the Refs blown call would have been the reason had the Wolverines won.

 

If the ref calls the walk, it's UNC ball with :17 or so left. Either way it's a gaffe by Webber that would secure (not hand since they were in the lead anyway) the win for the Heels.

 

 

IN the Georgetown game there was about :07 when the pass was thrown. Much closer game (one point) and still time in their court to get a good luck. Much more of a game changing clunker.

 

Only problem I have with that assertion West is that in both cases UNC was AHEAD when the gaffe was made. So while we can possibly try to predict each would make the necessary shot I don't know if it's lock cinch they were gift wrapped.

 

I can see it more so with Georgetown and Fred Brown. 1 point lead and about 8 seconds or so to go.

 

Webber however was trapped in the corner with about 6 seconds or so, had picked up his dribble and was nowhere near getting a shot or pass off.

All true ... I should have put a smilie on it.
I just youtubed the Webber play.

 

 

I forgot how all that played out.

 

Webber rebounded the ball, down by 2, with :19 left.

 

He then took a dribble, went to pass the ball to Rose but a UNC player jumped the passing lane and so Webber picked it up and dribbled as if he had not walked (he did). The referee did not call it or missed it or couldn't believe it. So Webber, in panic drove the court and to the right corner. Turned and called the TO with :11 left, down by 2.

 

There was more time left than I remember. But if we are going to say Webber "gift wrapped it" then you could say the Refs blown call would have been the reason had the Wolverines won.

 

If the ref calls the walk, it's UNC ball with :17 or so left. Either way it's a gaffe by Webber that would secure (not hand since they were in the lead anyway) the win for the Heels.

 

 

IN the Georgetown game there was about :07 when the pass was thrown. Much closer game (one point) and still time in their court to get a good luck. Much more of a game changing clunker.

 

 

I always get a big kick out of the UNC bench when Webber walks, they go nuts... :taz:

Where did I say, "if you project his current pace" ?

 

If you don't project ahead, there's no argument to make at this point.

If you don't project ahead, there's no argument to make at this point.

 

Right, but we are allowed to project ahead, we are fans. I certainly don't think Roy will win two out of the next six (although it's certainly not impossible), but regardless, he is quickly putting his name up with Dean. No doubt he hasn't passed him yet, but it could very well happen.

I think both are far better recruiters than coaches, and masters at doing less with more. Neither can win big games unless they have overwhelming talent at their disposal.

Right, but we are allowed to project ahead, we are fans. I certainly don't think Roy will win two out of the next six (although it's certainly not impossible), but regardless, he is quickly putting his name up with Dean. No doubt he hasn't passed him yet, but it could very well happen.

 

So, now you admit you were projecting ahead? :D

2 titles 6 years Roy.

2 titles 30 years Smith. Pretty easy as far as I'm concerned.

So, now you admit you were projecting ahead? :D

 

:lol: Yes, but not at his current pace, that would be crazy.

I think both are far better recruiters than coaches, and masters at doing less with more. Neither can win big games unless they have overwhelming talent at their disposal.

 

I agree.

It's a tough call for me. I love both men, they were both great coaches, and recruiters, and they have both won a many of big games. I loved how Dean coached, and I love how Roy coaches and treats his kids. I would take Roy right now. I love Dean to death, he is one of the greatest coaches of all time, but Roy has already posted a very impressive career and it's only to get better, much better.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.