Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Latest UK Recruiting News

Featured Replies

I'm reading a lot of speculation, but has anyone heard rumblings about who will NOT be back next year? Any current players looking elsewhere or is that TBD?

 

I heard Liggins was pretty much already packed up and gone, just heard that from a friend from UK. Just a walk on I know but heard from a reliable source that Slone was going to Pikeville. Also heard Stewart was pretty much on the way out also, just kinda seeing who is coming in.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard Liggins was pretty much already packed up and gone, just heard that from a friend from UK. Just a walk on I know but heard from a reliable source that Slone was going to Pikeville. Also heard Stewart was pretty much on the way out also, just kinda seeing who is coming in.

 

I can understand the bolded, but unless there are academic problems with Liggins, he is the ideal guard for Cal's system, outside of his shot. A big, quick guard that can penetrate, and you know how Cal loves to penetrate.

And for consistency sake, that's what she said.

I hope Porter stays around next season. He could help Wall in practice alot.(assuming wall comes to UK). He brings toughness and gives it 110% every time. Coaches love to see that!:thumb:

I can understand the bolded, but unless there are academic problems with Liggins, he is the ideal guard for Cal's system, outside of his shot. A big, quick guard that can penetrate, and you know how Cal loves to penetrate.

And for consistency sake, that's what she said.

 

:clap: Haven't seen this on BGP's in a while.

I can understand the bolded, but unless there are academic problems with Liggins, he is the ideal guard for Cal's system, outside of his shot. A big, quick guard that can penetrate, and you know how Cal loves to penetrate.

And for consistency sake, that's what she said.

 

I agree about Liggins. I see his shot possibly bringing him off the bench if Wall comes. Just something "a source" told me.

 

 

 

U R :D

I heard Liggins was pretty much already packed up and gone, just heard that from a friend from UK. Just a walk on I know but heard from a reliable source that Slone was going to Pikeville. Also heard Stewart was pretty much on the way out also, just kinda seeing who is coming in.

 

Liggins just isn't that smart, apparently. He would be crazy to leave, IMO. Calipari's style will give him the best opportunity he has to be a star.

 

I don't blame Slone at all and honestly, that is right where he should be.

 

Stewart doesn't surprise me at all.

Liggins just isn't that smart, apparently. He would be crazy to leave, IMO. Calipari's style will give him the best opportunity he has to be a star.

 

I don't blame Slone at all and honestly, that is right where he should be.

 

Stewart doesn't surprise me at all.

 

:thumb:

I can't wait to see where Wall lands. As I've said before I was a HUGE Brandon Jennings fan and thought he would absolutely tear College Basketball up, after watching several tapes on Wall, I think he is clearly better than Jennings and the best Point Guard prospect out of high school since Chris Paul.

 

Hopefully UK can land this guy.

I can't wait to see where Wall lands. As I've said before I was a HUGE Brandon Jennings fan and thought he would absolutely tear College Basketball up, after watching several tapes on Wall, I think he is clearly better than Jennings and the best Point Guard prospect out of high school since Chris Paul.

 

Hopefully UK can land this guy.

 

Was Chris Paul the biggest PG prospect coming out of high school even in his class?? According to Rivals he was #3 behind Shannon Brown and Drew Lavender. Not trying to pick a fight, but im just sayin. :lol:

Was Chris Paul the biggest PG prospect coming out of high school even in his class?? According to Rivals he was #3 behind Shannon Brown and Drew Lavender. Not trying to pick a fight, but im just sayin. :lol:

 

Well, we know how that turned out. I can just remember watching the McD's AA game and saying to myself: "Big Spikes, he's the best point guard prospect in this year's class"

 

Of course I don't get paid for making those kinds of evaluations, so I guess take it with a grain of salt :lol:

Well, we know how that turned out. I can just remember watching the McD's AA game and saying to myself: "Big Spikes, he's the best point guard prospect in this year's class"

 

Of course I don't get paid for making those kinds of evaluations, so I guess take it with a grain of salt :lol:

 

I also refer to myself in 3rd person. :lol:

I heard Liggins was pretty much already packed up and gone, just heard that from a friend from UK. Just a walk on I know but heard from a reliable source that Slone was going to Pikeville. Also heard Stewart was pretty much on the way out also, just kinda seeing who is coming in.

 

I haven't heard anything about Slone leaving if he does I am sure everyone would understand his reasoning, but if he stays I can see the reasoning in that decision as well. He played more minutes this year than I thought he would play in 4 years combined. Good luck Landon whatever you decide to do.

According to yahoo, they have reported Roy Williams called Wall over the weekend to say they would talk after the tournament was over. I thought it was a dead period and the players couldn't be contacted. Sounds like he is looking for a Lawson replacement and is getting in the game at the last second.

Wall would get more publicity and more playing time at UK because of the new coach, the lack of guards, and the system. For a one-and-done, that is a perfect situation. Be the star guard, surround yourself with other good players that can make you look better in that system (ala Dereck Rose). Overall, other than the family situation, a perfect situation and a perfect system to run if you are looking to get your name out there nationally if you are John Wall. At UNC you would not get the PT and also would not be the star on the team. At Duke, Coach K teaches team basketball that does not really fit one-and-done players. I would love Wall to come to UK and stay all 4 years but that is not going to happen if he comes. I am thinking rationally, he wants to go pro, and Calipari's system and the publicity of UK will help him do that IMO.

 

(He could do that elsewhere, but I am just trying to figure out a way to justify him coming to UK.:D)

Wall would get more publicity and more playing time at UK because of the new coach, the lack of guards, and the system. For a one-and-done, that is a perfect situation. Be the star guard, surround yourself with other good players that can make you look better in that system (ala Dereck Rose). Overall, other than the family situation, a perfect situation and a perfect system to run if you are looking to get your name out there nationally if you are John Wall. At UNC you would not get the PT and also would not be the star on the team. At Duke, Coach K teaches team basketball that does not really fit one-and-done players. I would love Wall to come to UK and stay all 4 years but that is not going to happen if he comes. I am thinking rationally, he wants to go pro, and Calipari's system and the publicity of UK will help him do that IMO.

 

(He could do that elsewhere, but I am just trying to figure out a way to justify him coming to UK.:D)

 

 

I don't think that's true. While I want him at UK badly, the other 2 schools you mentioned are good spots as well.

 

He would see instant playing time and maybe even start at both. Neither has a proven PG coming back next year. Lawson will be gone from UNC and the guy at Duke was pushed out of the starting spot in favor of someone who normally wouldn't play PG. Wall would run both teams easily and be a lot closer to Raleigh than Lexington is.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.