Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Latest UK Recruiting News

Featured Replies

Give the kid a break, we all made mistakes in High School. We don't know what led to him having to be a 5th-year senior...

 

 

He wasn't ragging on the kid, just said he had some questions and conerns. I think most people have the same thought.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So for next year, so far, we have signed LOIs from Daniel Orton and Jon Hood. Right before BCG was fired, we were 2 scholarships over the limit. Jared Carter is graduating and Donald Williams is leaving so theres 2 schollys. So, my question, is are we right at the limity of scholarships now?

 

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to figure out what will have to happen in order to free up some scholarships if recruits like Cousins, Dennis, Wall, or Henry were to come here.

 

Where did you get the information that Williams is leaving?

He wasn't ragging on the kid, just said he had some questions and conerns. I think most people have the same thought.

 

:thumb:

Where did you get the information that Williams is leaving?

 

I believe it was stated on here, at least while ago, that Williams scholarship was only a 1-year deal with Billy was it not? I swear I remember reading that on here awhile ago...

All schollies are renewed on a year by year basis.

He wasn't ragging on the kid, just said he had some questions and conerns. I think most people have the same thought.

 

:thumb:

 

I know he wasn't, just stating that we don't know the facts of the situation is all.

I believe it was stated on here, at least while ago, that Williams scholarship was only a 1-year deal with Billy was it not? I swear I remember reading that on here awhile ago...

 

I think all scholarships are year-to-year, but I'm pretty sure that Williams is still on the team, for now.

It's not hard to read between the lines when Calipari was being interviewed by ESPN this weekend. When asked about roster spots, he was basically saying he will meet with each kid and tell them they don't fit with his system and they will be released from their year-to-year scholorship. He was just being politically correct by saying he doesn't want a kid to be unhappy here in February sitting on the bench. He has all the roster spots he needs, 13 of them if needed. I'm not saying this is the right thing to do but I understand his position, he knows he needs to win next year. :thumb:

I think all scholarships are year-to-year, but I'm pretty sure that Williams is still on the team, for now.

 

That is correct, I'm trying to sift through all the past threads but I'm trying to find the thread where I saw someone stating that it was already agreed that Williams was only a 1-year deal to begin with and he would be transferring after this year but I could be wrong on that one. I'll post what I find, if anything.

It will definitely be an interesting next couple of weeks but in the end the roster will be shaped into what Coach Cal deems as the best roster to run his system. The program will take several hits in the local papers (Herald Leader) I'm sure but it will not even hit the radar with the national media outlets except for all the positive attention it will garner when UK will have a top 5 recruiting class. Then next fall and winter all will be forgotten when UK wins 25+ games and are finally playing an exciting brand of basketball again.

IMO after hearing Calipari talk on Sunday with Andy Katz, it seemed as if he would heavily recruit Cousins and Wall to UK and maybe even Dennis if he chooses to back out of his LOI. Also after hearing his stance on current players, I think the roster is due for a major shake up going into next year looking something like this.

 

FR Cousins C

JR Patterson PF

SO Miller SF

SR Meeks SG

FR Wall PG

 

Bench

FR Orton C (I think Calipari tells Orton that Cousins is a one and done...)

SR Harris SF (will be a great role player off the bench and will surprise some people)

SR Stevenson PF/SF (will vastly improve over the off-season imo)

FR Dennis SG (I think the diamond in the rough if we can get him)

SO Liggins/ PG/SG Galloway PG/SG/SF (Only one will stay imo)

JR Stewart SF (playing in Calipari's system will do wonders for him)

FR Hood SG (loves UK and wont ever leave)

JR Pilgrim PF (Solid big man off the bench)

 

Giving them 13 scholarship players which is the limit...

 

Walk-Ons

SR Krebs SG (not going to cut a senior/KY boy)

SO Slone SG/SF (unless he leaves for more PT somewhere else)

SR Perry PG (vocal leader of the team I am told)

IMO after hearing Calipari talk on Sunday with Andy Katz, it seemed as if he would heavily recruit Cousins and Wall to UK and maybe even Dennis if he chooses to back out of his LOI. Also after hearing his stance on current players, I think the roster is due for a major shake up going into next year looking something like this.

 

FR Cousins

JR Patterson

SO Miller

SR Meeks

FR Wall

 

Bench

FR Orton (I think Calipari tells Orton that Cousins is a one and done...)

SR Harris (will be a great role player off the bench and will surprise some people)

SR Stevenson (will vastly improve over the off-season imo)

FR Dennis (I think the diamond in the rough if we can get him)

SO Liggins/SRGalloway (Only one will stay imo)

JR Stewart (playing in Calipari's system will do wonders for him)

FR Hood (loves UK and wont ever leave)

JR Pilgrim (Solid big man off the bench)

 

Giving them 13 scholarship players which is the limit...

 

Walk-Ons

SR Krebs (not going to cut a senior/KY boy)

SO Slone (unless he leaves for more PT somewhere else)

SR Perry (vocal leader of the team I am told)

 

UK will be very young after next year if this were to happen. Wall, Cousins, Meeks and Patterson would all leave for the draft. Stevenson and Harris graduate.

That is correct, I'm trying to sift through all the past threads but I'm trying to find the thread where I saw someone stating that it was already agreed that Williams was only a 1-year deal to begin with and he would be transferring after this year but I could be wrong on that one. I'll post what I find, if anything.

 

You're right.

 

It was a one-year deal because of an open scholarship and Williams wanted to play here. He had the opportunity at other schools, but it was widely reported that he was only guaranteed a scholarship last season.

You're right.

 

It was a one-year deal because of an open scholarship and Williams wanted to play here. He had the opportunity at other schools, but it was widely reported that he was only guaranteed a scholarship last season.

 

Everyone is only guaranteed a scholarship for one year. He is still a member of the team.

You're right.

 

It was a one-year deal because of an open scholarship and Williams wanted to play here. He had the opportunity at other schools, but it was widely reported that he was only guaranteed a scholarship last season.

 

If we wants to play here so bad, maybe Calipari could persuade him to stay and walk on...I did hear he can shoot the 3 and maybe could be a Ravi Moss/Cameron Mills type player down the road.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.