Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Latest UK Recruiting News

Featured Replies

What is the latest word on the UK recruiting and scholarship situation? Is everything on hold because of the dead period? Thanks!

  • Replies 81
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is the latest word on the UK recruiting and scholarship situation? Is everything on hold because of the dead period? Thanks!

 

 

The dead period wouldn't have anything to do with a player being able to announce where he is going. I think the hold up is that currently UK has no scholarships available.

I think the next two weeks will provide us with plenty of excitement. The signing period is coming up pretty soon. Also, will there be players leaving UK? Will we land one or more of the top 5 recruits? I'd say there will be some news coming soon...

I think the next two weeks will provide us with plenty of excitement. The signing period is coming up pretty soon. Also, will there be players leaving UK? Will we land one or more of the top 5 recruits? I'd say there will be some news coming soon...

 

 

I think Wall is the top priority for Calipari right now. If he can get him, then I think UK will be in very good shape next year.

I think Wall is the top priority for Calipari right now. If he can get him, then I think UK will be in very good shape next year.

 

Yeah, I'm positive that he is the #1 priority. The dribble-drive motion is a great offense - but it requires a great PG.

From the best I can tell about each player I would guess its like this:

 

Demarcus Cousins-Most likely going to UK

John Wall-50/50

Nolan Dennis-50/50

Xavier Henry-doubtful

Stephenson is suppose to be a possibility too.

 

 

BTW, I noticed in yesterday's Parade Magazine's All-America basketball team that Wall was not named to any of the 4 teams. I have seen highlight film of him and he is very good. Wonder how the Parade people overlooked him when major programs are drooling at the prospect of getting him.

I know Duke is very high on Wall, as is UK....I am skeptic and am concerned that he comes with long list of baggage......if he goes to Duke I will be very hopeful all will stay good with him.

I know Duke is very high on Wall, as is UK....I am skeptic and am concerned that he comes with long list of baggage......if he goes to Duke I will be very hopeful all will stay good with him.

 

 

I've read where one recruiting guru says Duke is the favorite due to his mother's health concerns.

Stephenson is suppose to be a possibility too.

 

 

BTW, I noticed in yesterday's Parade Magazine's All-America basketball team that Wall was not named to any of the 4 teams. I have seen highlight film of him and he is very good. Wonder how the Parade people overlooked him when major programs are drooling at the prospect of getting him.

 

This maybe the same reason he wasn't a McDonald's All American. Hes a 5th hear guy.

I've read where one recruiting guru says Duke is the favorite due to his mother's health concerns.

 

I just question a lot about the non-basketball stuff with Wall, for example he's a fifth year senior in high school....are you kidding me?

So for next year, so far, we have signed LOIs from Daniel Orton and Jon Hood. Right before BCG was fired, we were 2 scholarships over the limit. Jared Carter is graduating and Donald Williams is leaving so theres 2 schollys. So, my question, is are we right at the limity of scholarships now?

 

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to figure out what will have to happen in order to free up some scholarships if recruits like Cousins, Dennis, Wall, or Henry were to come here.

I just question a lot about the non-basketball stuff with Wall, for example he's a fifth year senior in high school....are you kidding me?

 

Give the kid a break, we all made mistakes in High School. We don't know what led to him having to be a 5th-year senior...

I just question a lot about the non-basketball stuff with Wall, for example he's a fifth year senior in high school....are you kidding me?

 

 

How is that possible? Was he held back in 7th or 8th grade?

This maybe the same reason he wasn't a McDonald's All American. Hes a 5th hear guy.

I didn't realize that. I suppose that is the reason for not being on the list.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.