Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New rumors...

Featured Replies

I'm sick of the rumors. I can't wait for the new coach to be introduced so this madness will end.

 

Didn't UK go 2 months without a coach before Ricky P?

 

I look for something along those lines. Not two weeks, but nothing to fast.

  • Replies 84
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't UK go 2 months without a coach before Ricky P?

 

I look for something along those lines. Not two weeks, but nothing to fast.

 

I'm pretty sure Barnhardt wasn't the AD then :lol:.

I'd be willing to bet that if the money is right, Cal will take the job. He's a high caliber coach. He recruits like no other, says the right things and stays out of the spot light for the most part.

 

He'd be coming into a situation similar to Roy Williams at UNC (minus the cupboard being filled with incredible talent).

Memphis isn't the type of place Calipari can finish his career and retire from. However, Kentucky being one of the elite is. Not sure if this means anything to John Cal but if it did then I don't see how you could pass up an oppurtunity to coach at a prestigious university. There is only a handful of those around the country, and the oppurtunity to coach at one doesn't come around too often.

I heard tonight that Cal's people said, "if the phone were to ring, Calipari would listen..."

 

Cals phone darn well better be ringing and the call better be coming from an 859 area code. No excuse for it not to.

I understand that you guys want to keep the rumors separate, however this is like the 17th rumor about Coach Cal. Why not just make a thread for each possible coach and everyone can post in those about what their grandma's nurse's cousin's mother's brother's dogsitter has to say? Ooops I'm sorry I should have referred to aforementioned as a source like everyone else has.

Two Big Ten Conference coaches have also been mentioned as potential candidates: Thad Matta of Ohio State and Tom Izzo of Michigan State. When asked whether he expects to interview candidates this weekend, Barnhart stopped short of a definitive answer. "I don't think so at this juncture," he said.

 

http://www.kentucky.com/881/story/741740.html

Smokescreens abound boys and girls...not sure how strong my info is, but dont write Donovan off just yet.

Maybe right...maybe wrong...but got word that Donovan is not out of the mix, yet.

I'm pretty sure Barnhardt wasn't the AD then :lol:.

 

C M Newton was the AD that hired RP and Tubby

You sure about that, LABS?

 

I don't want to even think about Matta!

C M Newton was the AD that hired RP and Tubby

 

And Pitino was not his first choice. Third maybe behind Carlisimo and Olsen.

Maybe UK needs to hire CM Newton as a consultant to the hiring of the new coach.

NO to Newton's involvement!

 

Please! Please!

People, you are cracking me up. It's unbelievable what all you've "heard". When you hear on radio or tv, or read it on an internet message board or blog, it's nothing more than speculation. There are only a very small handful of people who are in the know on this, and all of them are professsional enough to keep their mouth shut.

 

I know it's fun to speculate, but their are a few on here who are acting as if they have "inside" information, and it's simply not the case.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.