Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New rumors...

Featured Replies

You sure about that, LABS?

 

I don't want to even think about Matta!

 

I'd like to know why the hate for Matta? By the way, you better start thinking about him.

  • Replies 84
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He had some pretty harsh statements about UK and the program during the last go around with this, IF memory serves correctly. Could be the same type of hire if those feelings were true.

 

 

 

BTW: Where did I say "HATE"? Just not one of my choices due to the above.

Edited by DADDY CAT

I'd be willing to bet that if the money is right, Cal will take the job. He's a high caliber coach. He recruits like no other, says the right things and stays out of the spot light for the most part.

 

He'd be coming into a situation similar to Roy Williams at UNC (minus the cupboard being filled with incredible talent).

 

Yeah and he has great records by playing nobodies all year long.

Yeah and he has great records by playing nobodies all year long.

 

He has a great record in recruiting. They played a tougher schedule this year than UK. As far as the C-USA thing goes, he had no choice but to play the conference teams. He's beefed up his out of conference schedule to compensate.

Yeah and he has great records by playing nobodies all year long.

 

Calipari took a nobody (UMass) and put them on the national stage in '92 as a 3 seed and a Sweet 16 game. They were in the Final 8 by 1995. They lost to one of the best teams ever in '96 but did so by coming back from 10+ point deficits 4 times in the 2nd half.

 

He took a down and out Memphis program and brought them back in a short time to a Final 8, a Title Game OT loss, and a Sweet 16.

 

Those aren't bad credentials.

Calipari took a nobody (UMass) and put them on the national stage in '92 as a 3 seed and a Sweet 16 game. They were in the Final 8 by 1995. They lost to one of the best teams ever in '96 but did so by coming back from 10+ point deficits 4 times in the 2nd half.

 

He took a down and out Memphis program and brought them back in a short time to a Final 8, a Title Game OT loss, and a Sweet 16.

 

Those aren't bad credentials.

 

 

How did he get those players to UMASS?:thumb:

It would be dumb for Calipari to leave Memphis for Kentucky.

And Pitino was not his first choice. Third maybe behind Carlisimo and Olsen.

 

Not sure but if I remember correctly CM offered the job to Pitino he said no then went to Carlisimo and Olsen then went back to Pitinio then he accepted.

I've heard everything in the past 24 hrs. From Jamaal Mashburn to Avery Johnson.

I don't think Mitch and Todd settle for a single. I think they'll hire a big name.

 

I don't see Travis Ford here.

 

Lee Todd is 100% involved in the hiring process this time and Travis Ford is way high on his list because of the KY ties. Travis is on the short list.I got this stright this morning from a member of the UK board of athletics. I also got a boat load of scoop on the whole situation.

I've heard everything in the past 24 hrs. From Jamaal Mashburn to Avery Johnson.

 

Don't forget Pat Riley and D'Antoni from the Knicks.

Lee Todd is 100% involved in the hiring process this time and Travis Ford is way high on his list because of the KY ties. Travis is on the short list.I got this stright this morning from a member of the UK board of athletics. I also got a boat load of scoop on the whole situation.

 

Care to share?:sssh:

Don't forget Pat Riley and D'Antoni from the Knicks.

 

Yeah seriously, isn't Avery Johnson available?

Lee Todd is 100% involved in the hiring process this time and Travis Ford is way high on his list because of the KY ties. Travis is on the short list.I got this stright this morning from a member of the UK board of athletics. I also got a boat load of scoop on the whole situation.

 

And.....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.