Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will UK's next Basketball Coach

Featured Replies

You think they aren't trying?

 

What makes Ford a jerk? I've met him before and he was very nice to me.

 

I don't want Ford to bet he next coach but if he is I hope for nothing but the best.

 

I played against Travis in high school and he wasn't a jerk then, but that was a long time ago I havn't spoke with him since. I think he would be a good coach if all of the big names turn the job down.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
What about Rick Barnes from Texas?

 

 

Another one who said no, two years ago.

Even though they have already said they aren't interested, I will still add Donovan and Calipari. But here is my wish list.

1. John Calipari :puke:

2. Billy Donovan :deadhorse: not going to happen unless Mitch can pull off a Jedi Mind Trick.

3. Lorenzo Romar :confused: the Huskie Coach?

4. Tom Izzo :rolleyes: More Tubby Ball but at a slower pace

5. Mike Anderson Interesting but Mizzou job isn't any bigger than A&M

6. Chris Lowery Too big a jump for him

7. Scott Drew Too big a jump for him

8. Travis Ford :ohbrother: not ready yet

9. Jim Christian Too big a jump for him

10. Bob Huggins :puke::eek::ohbrother::irked::madman:

Mark Few

Jay Wright

Holland from UCLA

I'll have to think a while to get the rest of my list, but those are the first three to come to mind.

 

maybe...

Pitino

Knight....Bob not Pat

  • Author

I did over look Jay Wright, but why so confused on Romar?

Even with this circus and not having a clear understanding of what is going to or has happened, I honestly feel that Kentucky will land a big name coach that will please everyone.

 

I have no idea who the new coach will be, but I have this feeling it won't be Ford.

I could, and might be, completely wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

I did over look Jay Wright, but why so confused on Romar?
Romar is one of many good young coaches out there. I just don't see him ready to take on a program this size. He has done pretty well, but I would bet Mitch couldn't even spell his name let alone have him on a list.

 

Romars record at Washington....

2002-2003 Washington 10-17 9th

2003-2004 Washington 19-12 2nd NCAA Tournament

2004-2005 Washington 29-6 2nd NCAA Sweet 16

2005-2006 Washington 26-7 2nd NCAA Sweet 16

2006-2007 Washington 19-13 7th -

2007-2008 Washington 16-17 8th -

 

Would have been fired at UK after 07 maybe but definitely after 08

Mike Anderson would atleast play the style of ball all UK fans love to watch!

I may not agree with who they hire, but I will support UK basketball through and through.

Rick Stansbury

 

I would rather have Ford, and I'm not endorsing Ford at all.

I would rather have Ford, and I'm not endorsing Ford at all.

 

He has won the SEC west 4 out of the last 7 years....that's better than Ford.

I got it ! :taz: Everyone wants to go back to the Pitino days. If my memory serves me correct he came from the NY Knicks. Well lets try that again, Mike D'Antoni next Kentucky coach !!! :thumb:

Why root for another team?

 

I'll root for Kentucky no matter what. I don't hop on and off the bandwagon at the slightest bump in the road.

 

I agree... though I thought about being a louisville fan after we lost to the bulldogs.

He has won the SEC west 4 out of the last 7 years....that's better than Ford.

 

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.