Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will UK's next Basketball Coach

Featured Replies

Even though they have already said they aren't interested, I will still add Donovan and Calipari. But here is my wish list.

 

1. John Calipari

2. Billy Donovan

3. Lorenzo Romar

4. Tom Izzo

5. Mike Anderson

6. Chris Lowery

7. Scott Drew

8. Travis Ford

9. Jim Christian

10. Bob Huggins

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the guy in the Lexington paper today from Kentucky Christian University (Womens coach) who has more National titles than John Wooden.:thumb:

Proven winner he is.

They may have to in the NBA.. not many college guys wanted in 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, Travis Ford, and I'll have to start rooting for a new team...:cry:

Why root for another team?

 

I'll root for Kentucky no matter what. I don't hop on and off the bandwagon at the slightest bump in the road.

Anyone but Travis Ford, John Pelphrey, or Darrin Horn. They're Kentucky boys, but to be honest none of them have the experience that comes with being the top guy at Kentucky. We proved that with Billy Gillispie, he was a very good coach at UTEP and Texas A&M, but was in over his head at Kentucky.

 

I just feel that Kentucky needs to go after a coach that has experience at a big time program and someone that can handle the pressre better than Gillispie did.

Why root for another team?

 

I'll root for Kentucky no matter what. I don't hop on and off the bandwagon at the slightest bump in the road.

 

Because he's a jerk. He's less proven than Gillispie. It shows they really aren't serious about trying to win again. I don't care if they don't win, just try.

Because he's a jerk. He's less proven than Gillispie. It shows they really aren't serious about trying to win again. I don't care if they don't win, just try.

 

You think they aren't trying?

 

What makes Ford a jerk? I've met him before and he was very nice to me.

 

I don't want Ford to bet he next coach but if he is I hope for nothing but the best.

Anyone but Travis Ford, John Pelphrey, or Darrin Horn. They're Kentucky boys, but to be honest none of them have the experience that comes with being the top guy at Kentucky. We proved that with Billy Gillispie, he was a very good coach at UTEP and Texas A&M, but was in over his head at Kentucky.

 

I just feel that Kentucky needs to go after a coach that has experience at a big time program and someone that can handle the pressre better than Gillispie did.

 

We said I agree totally but is there anyone out there that fits that that would take this job or has already said they are not interested.

You think they aren't trying?

 

What makes Ford a jerk? I've met him before and he was very nice to me.

 

I don't want Ford to bet he next coach but if he is I hope for nothing but the best.

 

No, hiring someone like Travis Ford isn't trying.

 

You can hope for it all you want, but Ford isn't the answer.

Assuming Calipari really isn't interested, I am going to say Sean Miller or Jay Wright. I can promise you though I have no source.

Anyone but Travis Ford, John Pelphrey, or Darrin Horn. They're Kentucky boys, but to be honest none of them have the experience that comes with being the top guy at Kentucky. We proved that with Billy Gillispie, he was a very good coach at UTEP and Texas A&M, but was in over his head at Kentucky.

 

I just feel that Kentucky needs to go after a coach that has experience at a big time program and someone that can handle the pressre better than Gillispie did.

 

None of the three would be a bad choice. Horn took a less talented South Carolina team and kicked Kentucky's butt twice this year. Ford would be a good coach but he's not going to leave OSU, and Pelphrey would be a decent choice but there are better choices to explore first. After what we have had the last two years it really couldn't get any worse.

I've met him before and he was very nice to me

 

First time I have ever heard that..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.