Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rebelmedia

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Rebelmedia

  1. Sam was AD for years, but didn't he retire as a teacher and retain on the football coaching position?
  2. Casey-Lincoln should be a good one, but we will have to wait until February.
  3. Congratulations to SW Interim Coach Andy Stephens. He is a class act and a good football coach. Here's hoping he makes a nice run in the post-season and gets the "Interim" removed for 2012.
  4. I give the Rebels a puncher's chance....but I would say that's only about a 10% chance.
  5. I am Rebel1984 and I did not post this. I fear my account has been hacked. Can this post please be removed? Thanks! Rebel1984
  6. Casey was driving to tie or lead late in 3rd quarter and elected to punt at midfield. If they had not stalled, the game could have gotten interesting. As you say, it is a 4 qtr game....a fact that Wayne has appeared to have learned since last week.
  7. Game was close for three quarters. Wayne put up four TD's in the fourth quarter.
  8. Wayne wins 47-21. Game closer for three quarters than score indicates. Casey was driving to tie or take the lead late in the third quarter. Rebel offense stalled leading to a point with 3:20 to go in third quarter. From there, Wayne exploded for four touchdowns in the fourth quarter. Guffey is really nice QB.
  9. 20-0 10:13 to play in first half.
  10. I know Wayne is the favorite, but I am not buying "without too much trouble."
  11. The streak will end when they meet Bell.
  12. Will Hatter is the starting QB and has played in all seven Casey games so I think you have been misinformed.
  13. These are all interesting insights. I have watched a lot of high school sports over the last ten years and I have seen officials who I thought were calling fairly and those who were just terrible, but seldom did I see any that I thought were cheating. I have known of officials who carry vendettas against certain coaching staffs and I worked with one football ref who told me his goal for one particular season was to go 11 weeks without pulling his flag out of his pocket. But, in spite of all of that, I have rarely seen a contest of any kind where I felt the referees made the difference in the outcome. It happens occasionally, but the best team usually wins.
  14. 21-0 Bell County. Casey has fumbled in their own territory twice. Getting ugly quick....just like I thought it would if Casey turned the ball over.
  15. Wayne 28-Corbin 14. Halftime.
  16. 13-0 Bell early in second quarter.
  17. Bell 7, Casey 0 2:30 to play in 1st quarter.
  18. Casey, one first down and then had to punt.
  19. Casey forces fumble on Bell's opening possession.
  20. Not a good comparison because many of the starting Casey skill players were nowhere to be found on the offensive side of the ball from the middle of the third quarter on. Alex Bolin, the Rebels' leading rusher, (top five in the state in 3A with 1019 yards) only touched the ball once after scoring with 8:45 to play in the third quarter. QB Will Hatter was not under center much in the second half either. My point is, Casey could have scored more, but chose to play JV kids because they will need the varsity experience next year. Coach Marple did the same thing against Clinton and Taylor in blow-out wins. As for Bell, they will be Bell.....enough said.
  21. Probably not. I have only missed two Casey games since 2002, but this will probably be # 3.
  22. Not just about the back, also about the line. Casey has three or four linemen that could play for anybody. Only problem is, they play both ways. That's why I say depth will take over.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.