Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Referee Ratings

Featured Replies

Can anyone give me some insight into this. I witnessed a terribly called game on Friday night and I have been told the refs were being scored or graded or something on that game. Are their scores/ratings/grade released or made public? The game is over and done with but I can't help but be curious of their rating. Can anybody tell me anything about how this works?

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone give me some insight into this. I witnessed a terribly called game on Friday night and I have been told the refs were being scored or graded or something on that game. Are their scores/ratings/grade released or made public? The game is over and done with but I can't help but be curious of their rating. Can anybody tell me anything about how this works?

 

I was at one of these games also. Absolutely atrocious officiating, worst I have ever witnessed. Would love to know which one you attended.

This is a common theme this year it seems. Did something change for 2011? Someone said the crews are now 'split crews' meaning they have not worked together before that night.

This is a common theme this year it seems. Did something change for 2011? Someone said the crews are now 'split crews' meaning they have not worked together before that night.

 

I can see where a split crew may be a factor in some missed calls, but some of the spots I've seen this year are laughable too! If you think HS football is bad come to a freshman level or below basketball game & you might be shocked as to how bad that is too!

 

That being said these are difficult jobs with a limited amount of ppl who want to sign up for them.

Ratings will never be public.

God rates all officials and on judgement day he makes all the bad ones watch non stop footage of games announced by Brent Mussburger.

I'd give them all an F:thumb:

God rates all officials and on judgement day he makes all the bad ones watch non stop footage of games announced by Brent Mussburger.

 

That's hilarious.

Because you all know so much about the rules and game managment. If only.....

It is a tough job and it's not for everyone, but if you are going to wear the stripes then you had better be prepared to be scrutinized. I have always thought that at the H.S. level basketball officiating is best. Football and Baseball are next. Soccer and softball are the worst. But the thing that really gets me is when a guy that is 100 lbs. overweight is trying to get into position to spot forward progress while Devonte Parker or James Quick is blowing past him. Most officials need to be in better shape. The NFL and NBA and NHL don't put up with it (though MLB does).

The officiating in NKY is bad and is getting worse each year. However, compared with the rest of the state, the officiating up here is far better. If you really want to see what bad officiating is, go to the rural parts of the state.

Officials obviously miss calls.

 

However, there is no sport that I know that has more rules that are different than what the fans think than football.

 

High school does not use NFL rules yet that's what most of us (me) know so that's what we assume is true for high school as well and it's not.

The officiating in NKY is bad and is getting worse each year. However, compared with the rest of the state, the officiating up here is far better. If you really want to see what bad officiating is, go to the rural parts of the state.
Because you've been to them all?
Because you've been to them all?
I call them like I see them. When the NKY teams I have followed go down state, the officiating has been horendous. The crews up here are way better than what I have seen down state, but I still don't think it is all that good. Do you disagree? Ask some of the head coach's up here if they think it is good. Can we put a poll on this? Let's see what other's say about it being good or bad

I agree with you

Officials obviously miss calls.

 

However, there is no sport that I know that has more rules that are different than what the fans think than football.

 

High school does not use NFL rules yet that's what most of us (me) know so that's what we assume is true for high school as well and it's not.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.