Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notre Dame 77 UK 67

Featured Replies

  • Replies 159
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SEC was 0-3 in NIT Quarterfinal games this year! Yikes.

 

Nobody wanted to go to New York.

Let's all blame Rockmom!:D

 

JK!

 

 

I can handle it! Bring it on! :banana::banana:

Ricky P also won 30 games and an overall number one seed. There's no debate, IMO - Pitino can coach circles around Gillispie.

 

 

IMO, Pitino can coach circles around anyone out there....not just BCG.

Ricky P also won 30 games and an overall number one seed. There's no debate, IMO - Pitino can coach circles around Gillispie.

 

Vast gap in talent probably had something to do with that

By the way...it wasn't too long ago that UL was in the NIT, and Rick Pitino was the coach. This year was the first year we have a winning record in MSG. Nothing is perfect all the time.

By the way...it wasn't too long ago that UL was in the NIT, and Rick Pitino was the coach. This year was the first year we have a winning record in MSG. Nothing is perfect all the time.

 

:thumb:

There's a lot more to a team than just the coach. So, if you're disappointed in the team, it can't be ALL the coaches fault. You're devestated (disproportionately so, IMO), and you're looking for a quick fix. But I can guarantee you that a coaching switch won't give you the fix you're looking for. You want an immediate return to basketball royalty, but IMO, those days are behind UK for many reasons. One of the most important is the fact that more schools now, than were in the heyday of UK basketball, are competitive. It's not just the coaching, but now kids have CHOICES in great basketball programs. UK will NOT get ALL the best players every year. Those players all have reasons why they would or wouldn't choose a school. If I were a player, or I were a parent of a player, talk like you're talking would make me look real seriously at other schools.

 

Nope, you've misread me, which is understandable considering my earlier posts that were made before I took a 30-second timeout to regroup.

 

I dont want a quick fix at all. I don't mind losing at all. There is enough talent on Kentucky's roster to be a good team. They don't have elite talent, but they have enough to be much better than they are.

 

What I want is a coach that represents my team and the University of Kentucky well. I don't want some guy that makes a fool out of himself on national television by trashing a sideline reporter..not once...not twice...but at least three times. I don't want someone that tells a Christian athlete on his team something so dispicable about God that I won't even repeat anything close to the thought. I don't want someone that disprespects everyone in the athletic department to the point that the whole department hates him with a passion and is filled with a negative atmosphere. I don't want a coach that takes the fun away from the kids by disrespecting them day-in and day-out. I don't want a coach that disrespects the wives of friends and colleagues. I don't want a coach that is too stubborn to making winning adjustments. I want a coach that gets the MOST out of the talent he is given. If that means a 15-14 season, then so be it. If you lose part of your team midway through the season and can't pull them back together, you're doing something wrong. I also don't care much for a coach that allows two players to tell you what they think about you and the university with no consequences - in fact, they played 15+ minutes the next night.

 

I want a gentleman on the sidelines that has the class a Kentucky coach should have. Not some jerk that acts like he's hanging out at The Broke Spoke on Saturday night.

 

 

PS - Add to that the treatment of Kentucky basketball legends... I don't want a coach that comes in and thinks he's bigger than Kentucky basketball, because he's wrong.

BCG is in a no win situation, if he stays Meek's and Paterson will most likely leave meaning the cats will struggle mightily next year and will no doubt lead to the end of BCG so IMO it's either now or later and every UNC fan can tell you they waited one year too long to get rid of their lame duck coach...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.