Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notre Dame 77 UK 67

Featured Replies

Why so the big blue nation can go through the same type year I don't think so this is Kentucky get somebody that will get us back up with the big boys.

 

Why, you won't give them a chance to do it anyway if they can't in 1 or 2 years.

  • Replies 159
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pat is not NBA ready...He needs more time in college.

That may be, but I really don't know how well he'll have to play to develop into the lottery, but I know one more injury and he might not even be in the first round.

Tonight was a pathetic end to a pathetic season. U.K. did not even get into a consistent offensive set/pattern all night, we did not run an offense. What Meeks got he took upon himself and got on his own, no screens for him (there imo should be multiple every time down floor). Same thing with Patterson, they will look inside initially and if it is not there they don't look at him again. Poor organization, preparation, this team once again was not ready to play :irked:.

All of these same comments could be repeated on most any loss this season, imo to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results is the definition of crazy.

 

BCG is a good basketball coach, I believe that and he has proven that everywhere else he has been. My personal opinion now is he is just not right for the U.K. coaching job. As Mike Casey stated in that one interview, he had no idea what he was getting in and is in way over his head. Shoud Barnhart keep him then I sincerely hope that it works out but J. Dykes made a statement during the game tonight that I now agree with. "BCG may not just not be the right fit for U.K.. U.K. did not hire a coach to go to the N.I.T.". That may not be exact but it is very close. He also said that if U.K. had hired a coach that within two years was obvious that was not the right man to run the program then the A.D. needs to be looked at as well.

 

I will say that I hope that this issue (BCG) is addressed and taken care of one way or the other very quickly. Make the decision and go with it. I hope that the decision has already been made and if that decision is to let BCG go then a replacement already chosen and decided on by both U.K. and the new coach, in other words already a done deal. Do not drag this one out. JMO

Does anyone have a link to where BCG said he wants to be back? Or any link to the post game? I missed it.

There is enough talent on Kentucky's roster to be a good team. They don't have elite talent, but they have enough to be much better than they are.

 

What I want is a coach that represents my team and the University of Kentucky well. I don't want some guy that makes a fool out of himself on national television by trashing a sideline reporter..not once...not twice...but at least three times. I don't want someone that tells a Christian athlete on his team something so dispicable about God that I won't even repeat anything close to the thought. I don't want someone that disprespects everyone in the athletic department to the point that the whole department hates him with a passion and is filled with a negative atmosphere. I don't want a coach that takes the fun away from the kids by disrespecting them day-in and day-out. I don't want a coach that disrespects the wives of friends and colleagues. I don't want a coach that is too stubborn to making winning adjustments. I want a coach that gets the MOST out of the talent he is given. If that means a 15-14 season, then so be it. If you lose part of your team midway through the season and can't pull them back together, you're doing something wrong. I also don't care much for a coach that allows two players to tell you what they think about you and the university with no consequences - in fact, they played 15+ minutes the next night.

 

I want a gentleman on the sidelines that has the class a Kentucky coach should have. Not some jerk that acts like he's hanging out at The Broke Spoke on Saturday night.

 

 

PS - Add to that the treatment of Kentucky basketball legends... I don't want a coach that comes in and thinks he's bigger than Kentucky basketball, because he's wrong.

 

Very well said Wireman.

One interesting thing I hadn't thought about really is when Dykes mentioned how much this program misses Mr. Wildcat. I couldn't agree more.

One interesting thing I hadn't thought about really is when Dykes mentioned how much this program misses Mr. Wildcat. I couldn't agree more.

 

:thumb: I most certainly agree with this statement, everyone that is or ever has been a part of U.K. basketball or a U.K. fan dearly misses Mr. Keightly. :cry:

One interesting thing I hadn't thought about really is when Dykes mentioned how much this program misses Mr. Wildcat. I couldn't agree more.

 

:thumb: Billy really needed him this year.

:thumb: I most certainly agree with this statement, everyone that is or ever has been a part of U.K. basketball or a U.K. fan dearly misses Mr. Keightly. :cry:

 

I agree.:cry:

One interesting thing I hadn't thought about really is when Dykes mentioned how much this program misses Mr. Wildcat. I couldn't agree more.

 

:thumb: From what I heard on the commentary tonight they were actually pretty accurate on the current situation at UK. Both announcers sounded as if he had one foot out of the door.

 

The Mr. Wildcat discussion was fairly insightful as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.