March 26, 200917 yr I think he should get 1 more year. He is still trying to coach with Tubby's players. That is an impossible task for anyone. He deserves another year and he should avoid all halftime interviews. On the other hand there should be no stupid halftime interviews with coaches,
March 26, 200917 yr Author I said things change: Gillispie is all but gone. Has had the opportunity for a few weeks to make a decision on how he wants things with stipulations from athletic department. Gillispie didn't like that and thought it would be better if they part ways. He is sad about leaving the program, but feels like he left it better than it was when he arrived (outside of Bradley/Crawford). Big-name coach will be hired almost immediately.
March 26, 200917 yr I think he should get 1 more year. He is still trying to coach with Tubby's players. That is an impossible task for anyone. He deserves another year and he should avoid all halftime interviews. On the other hand there should be no stupid halftime interviews with coaches, Again, this is so little to do with what happens on the court, as far as wins and losses.
March 26, 200917 yr Finally asked around and I was told the decision was made at a meeting on Friday and he will not be back... I know who your scource is and it's the same thing I've been hearing... From what I hear he did not sign the contract..
March 26, 200917 yr I said things change: Gillispie is all but gone. Has had the opportunity for a few weeks to make a decision on how he wants things with stipulations from athletic department. Gillispie didn't like that and thought it would be better if they part ways. He is sad about leaving the program, but feels like he left it better than it was when he arrived (outside of Bradley/Crawford). Big-name coach will be hired almost immediately. Is this to say something specficially changed tonight?
March 26, 200917 yr I think he should get 1 more year. He is still trying to coach with Tubby's players. That is an impossible task for anyone. He deserves another year and he should avoid all halftime interviews. On the other hand there should be no stupid halftime interviews with coaches, :deadhorse: BTW, Tubby won with those players and is winning more, with a tougher schedule and less talent in Minnesota. Tubby should not be part of this discussion. BCG has brought in several of his own players and only Patterson has really shown himself to be a bigtime player. Also, it is possible to be successful with someone else's players, even if there are no all americans on your roster (SEE UK 1998 season). However, unless BCG wants out (and honestly, who could blame him) or there is more info that none of us have behind the scenes, I would like to see him get another year. Either way, I will cheer for UK whether it is BCG or someone else at the helm.
March 26, 200917 yr Author Is this to say something specficially changed tonight? I found out things tonight, but it didn't necessarily happen tonight. The ball was in Gillispie's court for a while and he wasn't ready to play.
March 26, 200917 yr What are UK fans going to complain about next? The coach complaint is getting tired... I like UK but UK fans seem to be a bit unrealistic.
March 26, 200917 yr What are UK fans going to complain about next? The coach complaint is getting tired... I like UK but UK fans seem to be a bit unrealistic. Feel like were beating a :deadhorse: here, but I will say this again. He will not be back because of things that have happend off the court. Yes, there are some things that he does that players and fans don't agree with on the court. But if the PRESIDENT of UK doesn't like the way you represent the School, then your probably not going to be around long.
March 26, 200917 yr Well if the word is that he is out, then who will be in is the next question. The dream scenario is the next coach getting his recruits to follow him, along with Meeks and Patterson staying, along with the others who have already committed except for maybe GJ. A new coach would be able to cut some players or talk some into going off scholly such as Donald Williams. Donovan is the hot name right now and it would be great for him to get Kenny Boynton to joiin Hood and Orton and UK. Something even bigger however would be Calipari coming and getting Cousins and Henry to follow, then that would probably be the best class in the nation. UK was in on Cousins and Henry once upon a time anyway so it could work. But all of this is just wishful thinking, like I said just a dream scenario but boy what a dream it would be.
March 26, 200917 yr I cannot see Calipari coming to UK, I don't think he would want the pressure for one thing.
March 26, 200917 yr I cannot see Calipari coming to UK, I don't think he would want the pressure for one thing. I'm not sure if he and the power's above would see things the same. I'm hoping he doesn't come to UK.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.