Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Gillispie/Kentucky situation.

Featured Replies

First – nothing is 100% certain either way.

 

Kentucky has not fired Billy Gillispie.

 

Within the past 10 days, Gillispie has had two (maybe three) meetings with both Mitch and Lee about what is expected out of the Kentucky head coaching position and what they feel is adequate in the standpoint of leading the program, but just briefly.

 

As soon as the season is over, win or lose, Kentucky AD Barnhart and President Todd will sit down with Gillispie. At this very minute, the job is Gillispie’s to lose. However, things CAN change. Will they? Maybe.

Gillispie CAN save his job. Will he? That’s his decision to make. Mitch and Lee are giving him the opportunity.

 

Player revolt is totally false. There is no player revolt (outside of Liggins incident). Player revolt will not cost Gillispie his job. I won’t call any other poster a liar, but players revolting against Gillispie is totally false. Are players and parents upset, yes, to a degree. This season certainly hasn't turned out like expected, but Gillispie has changed the way he acts since before the end of the regular season with players.

 

Last but certainly not least, although Kentucky is Billy’s job to lose, attorneys and behind the scenes people from the athletic department have put out feelers for two other coaches that I know of in case things haven’t been resolved.

 

I am not going to say without a doubt that Gillispie will or will not be here next year. Things have changed many times in the past four days. To put it one way, the ball is in Billy’s court.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good read, I'll take it.

Like what you had to say. Shoot the ball Billy because we all know Kentucky does not need anymore turnovers. Hope he comes back and I hope he stay forever.

Within the past 10 days, Gillispie has had two (maybe three) meetings with both Mitch and Lee about what is expected out of the Kentucky head coaching position and what they feel is adequate in the standpoint of leading the program, but just briefly.

 

Finally asked around and I was told the decision was made at a meeting on Friday and he will not be back...

Finally asked around and I was told the decision was made at a meeting on Friday and he will not be back...

 

:thumb:

I am wrong but it seems like they wouldn't deal with it until the team is still playing ball. I don't see the good in taking a coach that is still coaching your program and grilling him about if he is going to have a job or not. Shouldn't he be preparing his team right now? I guess I could understand if it is to get ready to find a new coach or recruiting but it's not like there is a secret that contreversy is there.

Finally asked around and I was told the decision was made at a meeting on Friday and he will not be back...

 

After I had thought I had found something that sounded reasonable and concrete you come up with this. OH DARN...

Finally asked around and I was told the decision was made at a meeting on Friday and he will not be back...
With you and labs on the same side...I'm sure he is gone. Thanks for the info.

 

Any news on the replacement?

Finally asked around and I was told the decision was made at a meeting on Friday and he will not be back...

 

Sources?

I asked my source and he said that he might be back but there is a possibility he wont. At this point my source is 50% sure he's back...:lol:

Well it's looking more and more like I will be wrong, and that Billy might be on his way out. A lot of people here feel that way anyways. I don't know why I just have a feeling he will stay.

Sources?

You should know by now I can't put those out there...

Unless your source is yourself or someone you personally know that talked to you that was in the meeting on Friday, how can anyone say for sure. Too much speculation.

You should know by now I can't put those out there...
Any news on the replacement and the statuses of players/recruits?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.