Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Morehead State 58 Alabama State 43

Featured Replies

:thumb:

I am always more than okay with a ruined bracket if it means the little guys knock off the big guys. It's only a few bucks.
  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great game by the Eagles, coach Donnie Tyndall and that freak of nature Faried!

 

Friday night.......GO EAGLES!!!!!

 

Morehead has had a great season, I love watching them play. No way that it will happen but I would absolutely love to see NCAA tournament history made and 16 seed Morehead upset the #1 seed Louiville Cardinals!

I am always more than okay with a ruined bracket if it means the little guys knock off the big guys. It's only a few bucks.

 

:thumb: I would gladly give up any hope of winning any one of my 4 entries in various pools for that upset, would never be so glad to lose in my life!

 

Faried is an animal with his 24th double-double (14 points and 21 rebounds)

 

 

Amen, he is an animal on the glass, I wish they had played one of the three other #1 seeds, just to see how he would matchup against Hansbrough, Thabeet or Blair

I'll guarantee you that Pitino is going over a plan to keep Faried off the boards. I agree that we probably have no chance to win,but I'll bet he has double digit rebounds.

Congrats to Morehead,they play a very good game tonight and I think the Cards may have some problems with this team.

I'll guarantee you that Pitino is going over a plan to keep Faried off the boards. I agree that we probably have no chance to win,but I'll bet he has double digit rebounds.

 

I agree, Pitino always has had game plans to virtually eliminate the opponets best player from making any kind of impact.

Congrats to Morehead,they play a very good game tonight and I think the Cards may have some problems with this team.

 

U.L. won by 38 over MSU early in the season. :eek:. I hope so but I really don't think it will be remotely close.

Congrats Eagles!

Was at the game and Faried is a beast. He rebounded everything near him and did a good job of shutting down 7'1" Cheif Kickingstallionsims (laughed every time I heard it on the PA).

 

I would love to see MSU knock off UofL even though my bracket would then have to be shredded but I just don't see it happening if MSU only shoots 36% from the field.

 

Also I was kinda disappointed in the atmosphere at my first NCAA tourney game but I put that on the fact the student cheering sections were put in the upper deck. If they were closer I'm sure it would have been electric.

I'll guarantee you that Pitino is going over a plan to keep Faried off the boards. I agree that we probably have no chance to win,but I'll bet he has double digit rebounds.

 

He had 6 boards last time they played. It wouldn't surprise me to see him put up 10 plus this time.

 

I think Morehead would almost have to double their shootiing % from Tuesday to make it a game...

I would love to see Morehead challenge UofL, but the Eagles turn the ball over way too much. The Louisville pressure will eat them alive. I will be very surprised if MSU has fewer than 20 turnovers.

Also loved watching how into the game his daughter was on the sideline. That's special! Best of luck to them.:thumb:

 

 

Did you happen to see the picture of her on the bench last year at EKU in the closing seconds of the game with her arms intertwined with the players. It was a classic!!

  • Author

A couple of things to consider:

 

- this is a very different Morehead team than what U of L played last time

- this is also a very different U of L team

- MSU picked up starting PG Brandon Shingles at the Christmas break and immediately became a much better team

- Faried is 3rd in the whole country in rebounding so he's going to be difficult to bottle up

- Louisville is the overall #1 seed; they should win the game by 20+

- Morehead was hosed by being sent to the play-in game; they didn't get any respect because of their overall record and because they play in the OVC - their defense looks more like a decent 15-seed; their offense is where they'll struggle against U of L

If it were simply Faried vs. Samuels I would take Faried every day of the week, and twice on Sundays. The problem with games like this is that so many other guys are able to get in the lane and force Faried to come off whomever he is guarding. I can see Morehead going a lot of zone and trying to bank on UL having a cold shooting night.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.