March 18, 200917 yr I graduated from MSU and also taught there for 7 years. Loved it when they won last night. Remember when Wayne Martin took them to their last NCAA appearance. I love MSU....but I will be pulling for the Cards...got to support Preston Knowles.:thumb:
March 18, 200917 yr Author If it were simply Faried vs. Samuels I would take Faried every day of the week, and twice on Sundays. The problem with games like this is that so many other guys are able to get in the lane and force Faried to come off whomever he is guarding. I can see Morehead going a lot of zone and trying to bank on UL having a cold shooting night. Morehead's starting 5 can at least be competitive with U of L. I'm not sure anyone on the bench can play at that high D1 level. It will come down to how well Shingles can handle the Cardinal pressure and finding a few players that can score consistently against U of L. Morehead has a bunch of 10-15 point guys, but not really anyone that can get hot and go for 30. That's why they won't be able to hang with Louisville.
March 18, 200917 yr I would love to see Morehead challenge UofL, but the Eagles turn the ball over way too much. The Louisville pressure will eat them alive. I will be very surprised if MSU has fewer than 20 turnovers. It seemed to me as if Morehead had that many unforced turnovers last night. Throw in Louisville's pressure and if the dog's aren't called off early in the second half, you might see 40 turnovers. I kept thinking that as much as we turned the ball over last night, Alabama State was still too bad to take advantage of it. I am an old Morehead boy myself and loved getting the win. But, the Louisville game could get real ugly, early.
March 18, 200917 yr Great W last night for the Head...Three Five is a beast and really fun to watch!!! I think he out worked everybody in the building last night, that includes the ushers and the custodians...Great time seeing some old college buddies, Dayton will never be the same!!!
March 18, 200917 yr :thumb: I would gladly give up any hope of winning any one of my 4 entries in various pools for that upset, would never be so glad to lose in my life! I have Morehead ties so I'd love to see it too. But can't see it happening. I just hope they can hang fairly close. I am always for the underdog unless of course it is UK playing. Congrats to Morehead on the win. I hope the big guys leave the coach alone for a few more years. Good Luck on Friday Eagles
March 18, 200917 yr I just got home from Dayton not too long ago. What a great time! I'm so proud of Morehead! I grew up with Athletic Director Brian Hutchinson and went to college with him (same fraternity). I am ssoooooooo sooo proud of Brian! He has such a bright future! He was the youngest AD in the nation just a couple of years ago. Saw lots of old friends, teachers, fraternity brothers, girls.. It was great. Went to the pregame bash at the Marriott. Saw my old buddy Brett Roberts (Morehead great drafted in the NBA and MLB). Old players like Rocky Adkins, Kelley Wells, Marty Cline, Majeck etc. It was great to see the program where it is. I couldn't help but think about Dick Fick. Had a class with him and he had a HUGE heart! He had to be smiling down! Morehead plays with a lot of guts! I love the way they defend and get all over the boards. It is refreshing to watch. Their offense was stagnent at times like the championship game but they made up for it on D+the boards. Coach Tyndall has done an outstanding job! I agree they should have put the students down by the floor. Play in game record and it was at least 80% Morehead. I know Lville will probably roll them but I am so proud of them! My man is the new round mound of rebound! WOW! Last but not least perhaps the greatest basketball name I've seen in person. Chief Runningwaterhorserear-simms. That wasn't it I forgot it right now but man it was a great one! Oh yeh...Chief Kickingstallion-simms! What a name!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.