Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Step Back From the Ledge...

Featured Replies

Back when they Hired Billy G...I was very excited...Just from the info I got from GT...Heck I want him to win more than anything...But the more you get to Understand the man which is not much...He kind of makes it hard to be a fan of his...Losing doesn't help...If he could win with that arrogance He carries We wouldn't even be discussing this...He would be our bad boy coach...

 

True, but give the man a little more time.

I agree on giving him or any other coach a chance or who else will come. Why hire them in the first place. I DO get concerned when I hear him disagree with MB about his role publicly and his representation of UK. When his defense is he is supposed to only win and his employer says that is not his only job I see problems but problems which cannot be worked out. He needs to adjust his attitude with his employer, especially when he is not winning. Winning can forgive alot of sins and that is just a fact. But he is recruiting and if Orton, Hood, Patterson and Meeks are with us next year, Billy may be our hero. As I said in another post, Coach K and Dean Smith were in trouble their first years. Dean actually was hung in effigy (sp) his sixth year I believe and he turned out all right.

True, but give the man a little more time.

 

I agree. As much as I dislike his arrogance,if they fire him after 2 seasons,what message does that send to any division 1 coach about our program? Win immediately or be fired. That's the message.

 

No I do NOT like being in the NIT.No,I do not like seeing a team almost blow a 20 point lead in an NIT game,but I feel that we have to give him more time.

And what if he has players that refuse to play for him anymore?

He is bringing in his own recruits and they can't play for him

That gives other schools a big recruiting edge imo

His "penalty box" is very big and subject to his very own personal interpretation that us "mere mortal fans" will never understand

I don't think you will see any players (maybe Porter) upset if he is gone

and you may just save a couple from leaving

I agree. As much as I dislike his arrogance,if they fire him after 2 seasons,what message does that send to any division 1 coach about our program? Win immediately or be fired. That's the message.

 

No I do NOT like being in the NIT.No,I do not like seeing a team almost blow a 20 point lead in an NIT game,but I feel that we have to give him more time.

 

Agreed but administration needs to sit him down to disscus his preformance. If UK doesnt make the tourny next year I say let him go...

Some people never wanted Billy G to succeed. People that never wanted Tubby out of here. Childish if you ask me, but that's the world we're living in now. I guess Billy G, however, isn't being let go (if that rumor is true) because of his win/loss record, it's his general attitude. Personally, I could care less if the man wins games, which he might if given the chance, but we'll probably never find out.

 

I didn't want Tubby to leave.

 

I do want Billy Clyde to succeed

 

Childish? Funny, but were the fans who wanted Tubby gone 'childish'? It does cut both ways. Fans have in their mind whether they like a coach or not on both sides.

 

You must have misspoken, ... surely you care if the man wins games? After all, wasn't that your issues with Tubby was that he didn't win enough games?

 

I know several people who wanted Tubby gone who now want Billy gone. But I will tell you what every fan I have talked to wants, ... UK to win. Whether people like him or not, he is UK's coach and I hope he succeeds as long as he is the coach.

I didn't want Tubby to leave.

 

I do want Billy Clyde to succeed

 

Childish? Funny, but were the fans who wanted Tubby gone 'childish'? It does cut both ways. Fans have in their mind whether they like a coach or not on both sides.

 

You must have misspoken, ... surely you care if the man wins games? After all, wasn't that your issues with Tubby was that he didn't win enough games?

 

I know several people who wanted Tubby gone who now want Billy gone. But I will tell you what every fan I have talked to wants, ... UK to win. Whether people like him or not, he is UK's coach and I hope he succeeds as long as he is the coach.

 

 

Yeah I did mispeak. I mean to say I could care less about the man's attitude, all I care about is winning games. It was a long day yesterday. And no, that wasn't my only issue with Tubby. He lost a lot of games too.

... Even the almighty UK has its days. You guys asked for this when we called for Tubby's head and we got it. We got a new coach that recruits big time talent and looks far into the future . We got someone that will try to get up and down a little more than what Tubby did. It was clear to me when UK was in the transition of making a coaching change it would set the program back a bit and it has. If you were one of those people that was calling for Tubby to be fired then you shouldn't be one of the ones calling for BCG to get fired as well. You have to give him time. Look down the line and see what he has in the works and his "pipeline" of recruits. It is far better than what we came to expect for from Tubby. I know it looks bad but the future at UK is bright IMO, I think he is lining up some good classes coming up and will have something to work with in the next few years. Lets not run another one out of town and REALLY do some damage to the UK program.

 

Well said friend. :notworthy:

This is crazy...lol UK wins a game and then we are ready to give it time, if they lose the next game the be threads to fire Billy G.

So whats the latest on the word swirling around yesterday that he was going to be fired last night?

This is crazy...lol UK wins a game and then we are ready to give it time, if they lose the next game the be threads to fire Billy G.

 

Sounds just like the rhythms of any of the last decade of seasons.

I would argue about the talent brought in and the verbals he has received! These young guys are QUESTIONABLE at best!

 

Trust me, I want BCG to succeed because that means UK succeeds!

 

I agree with your recruiting assessment. I think this upcoming class will be under the microscope, simply because we have a lot of needs. But I look at Orton & Hood and see them in the same light as stock speculation--very iffy. They could explode and be of great value. Or, they could be lousy--especially considering Orton's knee problems (never good for a player, but especially a big man) & the fact that Hood is hard to grade b/c his HS team had nothing to go with him.

  • Author
This is crazy...lol UK wins a game and then we are ready to give it time, if they lose the next game the be threads to fire Billy G.

 

This was before the NIT game look at the date. :rolleyes:

... Even the almighty UK has its days. You guys asked for this when we called for Tubby's head and we got it. We got a new coach that recruits big time talent and looks far into the future . We got someone that will try to get up and down a little more than what Tubby did. It was clear to me when UK was in the transition of making a coaching change it would set the program back a bit and it has. If you were one of those people that was calling for Tubby to be fired then you shouldn't be one of the ones calling for BCG to get fired as well. You have to give him time. Look down the line and see what he has in the works and his "pipeline" of recruits. It is far better than what we came to expect for from Tubby. I know it looks bad but the future at UK is bright IMO, I think he is lining up some good classes coming up and will have something to work with in the next few years. Lets not run another one out of town and REALLY do some damage to the UK program.

 

 

There's a small % that would be very bored if they couldn't blame the Coach for every single loss.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.