Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arizona - who they paying?

Featured Replies

They beat Kansas, Gonzaga, UCLA and Washington. They're not real good on the road, but they have as many quality wins as any other bubble team that was left out. "Deserve" is not an argument that can be made for anybody chewing their fingernails to get in, by your lack of definitive play you are on the bubble and no more or less deserving than any other team staying home.

I think they actually opened as a 1.5 pt favorite. I don't ever remember seeing a 12 seed as the favorite.

Yes, it most certainly is out of the question. They are not any good.

 

 

Lol man, your on the money!

 

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

Because they are a bad basketball team.

 

:ohbrother:

Had Zona in the Sweet 16... I bet you did too UKMF.:D

 

Want that crow blackened or fried??

 

But hey St. Mary's in the Sweet 16 of the NIT...

Had Zona in the Sweet 16... I bet you did too UKMF.:D

 

Want that crow blackened or fried??

 

But hey St. Mary's in the Sweet 16 of the NIT...

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

I think he wants it fried.....

 

Or maybe Arizona paid Utah and Cleveland State too :rolleyes:

:lol: I still don't think they deserved to be in based on what they did in the regular season, but they have no doubt taken advantage of getting in.

 

I was definitely wrong about how they'd fair in the tournament.

:lol: I still don't think they deserved to be in based on what they did in the regular season, but they have no doubt taken advantage of getting in.

 

Agreed.

No way they deserve to be in the Tourney.
You sure about that?
:lol: I still don't think they deserved to be in based on what they did in the regular season, but they have no doubt taken advantage of getting in.

 

I said the exact same thing, which is why I at least picked them to win the first round game.

Arizona's run would seem to vindicate them, but do remember that they were playing a non-BCS conference team in Utah, that had stellar losses on their record such as to Southwest Baptist (a Division 2 school and at home mind you) and Idaho State. Really, the more I look at their schedule, I wonder how they were a 5 seed at all. The loss to SW Baptist didn't count against their RPI, or they'd never be a #9 there. Then they got Cleveland State, a 13 seed, which didn't hurt them. 12 seeds and 13 seeds have met in the second round 8 times, and the 12 seeds are 7-1 against them.

Fact of the matter is Arizona has two or three guys who will get a shot to a play in the league. Most of the time its players and not teams who win the touney (as is well documented from the past) and its hard not to give Zona a chance when those guys are all healthy. Sure St. Mary's deserved it, but when it comes down to it they wouldnt have the professional talent to make as big as push as Arizona would.

Because they are a bad basketball team.

 

No way do they deserve to be in over St. Marys.

 

If by bracketbuster you mean getting knocked out in round 1, then yeah, they'll be a bracketbuster all right.

 

Yes, it most certainly is out of the question. They are not any good.

 

Hm, looks like you were right.

UKMF and I don't always see eye to eye, but he generally mans up when he's wrong (see post 22).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.