This Year's Cinderellas?

I would also agree with Scott as a big sleeper. They have good big men and solid guards as well as a deep bench. Alot of peoplle forget that they were within 5 points to Mason County before totally falling apart in the 4th quarter. Loss to GRC both times by 10 or less in a well fought game. Also they have knocked off #12 Corbin and only lost to Holmes by 1 in overtime.

Taylor Co from the 5th region they dont get mentioned much but are just as good as the regions top three North Hardin, Adair Co and Bardstown.

I think you might be right, but they are likely a level below, just because they were 0-2 against Adair and also lost to North Hardin. They didn't play Bardstown this season so that's hard to judge.

9th - Covington Catholic; Have been there before and have a solid staff that knows the ropes. They're being overlooked quite a bit in 9th Region discussions because of a rough start, but I wouldn't want to play them.

How about Beechwood as a Cinderella? They beat CovCath tonight so they move on to the regional. They are now 22-4 and getting no consideration at all.

But they are senior dominated, have one of the best guard tandems in N. Ky., have solid inside players in Smith and Snyder, and have role players who can score (Pohlgeers, Hall).

I think Corbin and Shelby Valley have potential to take state but I really wouldn't call them Cinderella. Both have been top 10 virtually all season and have established themselves in the upper tier teams in KY. They may be a notch below Holmes, Eastern, and Scott County but are plenty capable of beating those teams.

I would say that Hazard could be a Cinderella. They came in with a lot of hype this season and have kind of fallen back a little. They are plenty good enough to beat any team on a given night. They knocked off Corbin in the Summer after coming from about 10 down. They have one of the states best point guards..well at least one of the most underrated with Whitaker. Campbell and Jones give them some solid size as well.

I will echo the posters who have mentioned Scott High and Franklin County.

When you're talking Cinderella, I think you're talking a team that is not favored to win their region, but has the potential to do so and go on and possibly make some noise at Rupp.

In the 10th, most of the emphasis has been on Clark County and Mason County; but I wouldn't want to be playing Scott in the regional tourney in their backyard (or anywhere else). In the 11th, Scott County is the prohibitive favorite, but the Flyers have already proven that they can play with the Cards.