Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Billy G. the next Joe B Hall?

Is Billy G. the next Joe B. Hall? 37 members have voted

  1. 1. Is Billy G. the next Joe B. Hall?

    • Yes
      0%
      0
    • No
      56%
      21
    • What?
      43%
      16

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I like BCG, and I would venture to say that if people would give him a couple years, more would like him as well. I think he's got us on the right track.

I don't know if he's better or not, ut I would venture that UK's SOS would have been considered more difficult than 90th in the country, during Joe B's tenure.

 

Maybe like last year when it was 16?

Or Sutton. Or Pitino. Or Tubby.

I just don't have a lot of confidence that this guy can handle a program as big as Kentucky. I think the pressure will eventually get to him.

And he's not shown me much as a coach so far, either. I'm not throwing him under the bus yet, but he has some shortcomings as the type of coach to represent UK, IMHO. Not just in some of the head scratching decisions he makes, but also his relationship with the media and the public. When he gives those silly halftime interviews and insults the interviewer, doesn't he realize that some of these games are seen all over the nation and young kids and future prospects are possibly watching. It's not a good way to make an impression.

Accurate post!

What did Joe Hall do his 3rd year?

What did Joe Hall do his 3rd year?
26-5 and NCAA Runner-up.
I don't know if he's better or not, ut I would venture that UK's SOS would have been considered more difficult than 90th in the country, during Joe B's tenure.

 

I don't think UK is scheduling the 90th best schedule on purpose. The conference is just really bad this year. Also when you play IU every year you expect them to be better. They played 2 top 10 teams in UL and UNC and Miami was preseason top 20.

What did Joe Hall do his 3rd year?

 

Then again does anyone see a Senior class next year of Kevin Grevey, Jimmy Dan Conner, Mike Flynn and Bob Guyette?

 

Or a Freshman class of Rick Robey, Jack Givens, Mike Phillips and James Lee?

 

I can be surprised but I'm not sure that kind of talent will be on the UK roster even next year.

Joe B inherited an Elite 8 team. BCG inherited a second round team. Comparing their records over the first few seasons is meaningless.

Different era, different types of players, different expectations as far as players staying for a couple of years. I dont think it is fair to compare the two. BCG is doing just fine.

It not fair to BCG to compare him to anyone just yet. His talent level was low when he arrived. It takes no less that 2 years for any coach to get their style and players in their system and on their team to actually show what kind of coach they are. I like BCG because of his attitude and confidence, reminds me of Pitino in his earlier years. Its been since 98' since we've actually expected to be UK to be competitive on a national level.

This is something all you BCG haters can love. I dont agree with it but its funny. :ohbrother:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH8Do1WYakM

Joe B inherited an Elite 8 team. BCG inherited a second round team. Comparing their records over the first few seasons is meaningless.

 

Actually Jim Andrews was about all Joe B. inherited from Rupp's last team. The rest of the leaders on his first team were the Super Sophs of Grevey and Conner.

 

Joe had a horrible 2nd year (13-13) because Grevey was hurt for a big chunk of the crucial stretch and they had no true post player (Guyette played Center at 6'8").

 

His third year was the right mix of leadership and youth that gelled with a big comeback win over UNC and then fought in a tough SEC that had a talented Alabama squad and Tennessee with a young Grunfeld and Bernard King. They had to play the game of their lives to nip one of the greatest teams of all time in IU to make the Final Four.

Or Sutton. Or Pitino. Or Tubby.

I just don't have a lot of confidence that this guy can handle a program as big as Kentucky. I think the pressure will eventually get to him.

And he's not shown me much as a coach so far, either. I'm not throwing him under the bus yet, but he has some shortcomings as the type of coach to represent UK, IMHO. Not just in some of the head scratching decisions he makes, but also his relationship with the media and the public. When he gives those silly halftime interviews and insults the interviewer, doesn't he realize that some of these games are seen all over the nation and young kids and future prospects are possibly watching. It's not a good way to make an impression.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.