February 15, 200917 yr Vandy is terrible. I think the Cats win on the road at Vandy. Hope your right. The place will be crazy.
February 15, 200917 yr Hope your right. The place will be crazy. Memorial Gym is always crazy, but I think these Cats can deal with it (plus, Vandy really is terrible).
February 15, 200917 yr Memorial Gym is always crazy, but I think these Cats can deal with it (plus, Vandy really is terrible). Hope you are right.
February 15, 200917 yr Jodie Meeks has now put up the 12th most points in a single season in UK history, sitting at 645 and counting. It's the most since Ron Mercer's 725 in 96/97, something that took him 40 games to accomplish. Meeks probably won't get the 303 points he needs to catch Dan Issel's record of 948 in 69/70, but he's only 122 points short of Jamal Mashburn's #2 performance of 767 in 91/92.
February 15, 200917 yr Not to mention, he made 1/10th of the way to the 1,000 point club in 2 games this season :lol:
February 15, 200917 yr Author Jodie Meeks has now put up the 12th most points in a single season in UK history, sitting at 645 and counting. It's the most since Ron Mercer's 725 in 96/97, something that took him 40 games to accomplish. Meeks probably won't get the 303 points he needs to catch Dan Issel's record of 948 in 69/70, but he's only 122 points short of Jamal Mashburn's #2 performance of 767 in 91/92. I hope he breaks Issel's record...most likely that would mean UK makes it to the SEC Championship game and make a deep run in the NCAA Tournament...
February 15, 200917 yr Jodie Meeks has now put up the 12th most points in a single season in UK history, sitting at 645 and counting. It's the most since Ron Mercer's 725 in 96/97, something that took him 40 games to accomplish. Meeks probably won't get the 303 points he needs to catch Dan Issel's record of 948 in 69/70, but he's only 122 points short of Jamal Mashburn's #2 performance of 767 in 91/92. Assuming that Kentucky has six regular season games remaining, +/- 2 SEC tournament games, and +/- 2 postseason (NCAA or NIT) tournament games, that means that we can realistically expect to see Jodie Meeks on the court at least ten more times this year. In order to catch Mashburn for second place, he would need to average 12.2 points per game. I can't imagine a situation where he doesn't match that number. Now...in order to catch Dan Issel, he would need to average 30.3 points per game. Of course the more wins Kentucky gets, the average can go lower. But a couple tournament flame-outs and the average must increase. I think Issel's number is reachable, but Meeks will have to be lights out. But honestly, if Meeks is to reach Issel, then Kentucky will have to make a deep run.
February 15, 200917 yr Great game for Meeks, of course. Also refreshing to see Miller make quality contributions. Porter's threes are always an added bonus, though his TO's are still of great concern. And I thought Harris did okay. Like others, I sometimes wonder why Harris is out there at all, but he was big on the boards today and played good D. But very concerned about this team. I don't like our schedule the rest of the way. I think Georgia should be a win. But I think UK MUST get 3 other wins in addition to Georgia. The Vandy game seems like the next easiest win (if you can call playing a decent Vandy team on the road w/o Patterson easy). But after that, there's very very tough games. Tennessee at home will be more difficult than Tennessee on the road. Road game @ USC seems like an easy "L" for us. LSU is the best team in the conference. Then you have Georgia @ home & Florida on the road. Including our next game against Vandy, it's tough to find a way we go 4-2 the final 6 games. And I think we MUST finish that way to make it to the Dance. Don't remember who said it yesterday--maybe Seth Davis--but he said UK needed an 11-5 conference record to make the tourney. I concur. To do that, we have to go 4-2 to finish the regular season. I don't see it happening.
February 15, 200917 yr But honestly, if Meeks is to reach Issel, then Kentucky will have to make a deep run. And if Kentucky makes a deep run, it is going to be because Meeks is at a pace that will reach Issel......... :lol:
February 15, 200917 yr I know Arkansas was without their top player but they looked very unprepared in this one. How do you not mark Meeks as soon as he crosses the half court line? Anyone still rather have Pelphrey than BCG? Yes...I don't know if Arkansas would be any better if Billy Clyde were coaching them...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.