February 14, 200917 yr I think the missing players pretty much equaled each other out. LRCW, if both play, UK still wins.
February 14, 200917 yr You obviously didn't see Monk play against Oklahoma or Florida. I know numbers dont tell the whole story, but Monk averaged only 4.5 points and 3.1 rebounds per game before going down to injury. He definately wouldve helped, but wouldnt have been the difference maker.
February 14, 200917 yr Patterson is: 6th in scoring. 4th in rebounding 1st in FG % 4th in FT % 4th in Blocks 1st in Defensive Rebounds 2nd in Minutes Played He also averages 2.0 assist per game. Fortson is: 12th in scoring 23rd in rebounding 13th in FG % 1st in Assists 10th in Assist/Turnover Ratio 5th in Minutes Played He's also only shooting 58.6% from the line and averaging 4.3 Turnovers. The numbers just don't support your argument. Sure they do. 12th in scoring for a PG is pretty daggone good. 1st in Assist. Enough Said. 23rd in rebounding. Again, we're talking about a PG here. Fortson is much more valuable to to Arkansas than Patterson is to Kentucky. This isn't a knock on Patterson. He's a great player, but he's got a much better supporting cast (Yes, I know that's hard to believe) than Fortson does.
February 14, 200917 yr I know numbers dont tell the whole story, but Monk averaged only 4.5 points and 3.1 rebounds per game before going down to injury. He definately wouldve helped, but wouldnt have been the difference maker. Never said he would be a difference maker, but he's more than being irrelevant.
February 14, 200917 yr I think the missing players pretty much equaled each other out. LRCW, if both play, UK still wins. More than likely, but that's not the argument here.
February 14, 200917 yr Never said he would be a difference maker, but he's more than being irrelevant. :thumb: Misunderstood you, he definately is more than irrelevant.
February 14, 200917 yr You obviously didn't see Monk play against Oklahoma or Florida. Monk has played in 8 of 23 games. He played well in 2 of those 8. And by played well I mean he scored 12 and 10 in those games. Pardon me if I am not worried about him being a difference maker against Kentucky.
February 14, 200917 yr Sure they do. 12th in scoring for a PG is pretty daggone good. 1st in Assist. Enough Said. 23rd in rebounding. Again, we're talking about a PG here. Fortson is much more valuable to to Arkansas that Patterson is to Kentucky. This isn't a knock on Patterson. He's a great player, but he's got a much better supporting cast (Yes, I know that's hard to believe) than Fortson does. That is definitely pushing it. Fortson is more important to his team, but Patterson has a bigger impact on the game itself. This is a pointless argument, this thread should be talking about Jodie and what a stud he is.
February 14, 200917 yr That is definitely pushing it. Fortson is more important to his team, but Patterson has a bigger impact on the game itself. This is a pointless argument, this thread should be talking about Jodie and what a stud he is. That we can agree on.
February 14, 200917 yr That is definitely pushing it. Fortson is more important to his team, but Patterson has a bigger impact on the game itself. This is a pointless argument, this thread should be talking about Jodie and what a stud he is. Jodie is definately a stud, I have already stated that. He is just down right nasty and smooth with his shot. I would give anything to be able to shoot like him.
February 14, 200917 yr 12-20...60%. We do need to start hitting more FTs. You are right about that. I think the last few games have been similar to today. And yes they were doing great up until then.
February 14, 200917 yr Monk has played in 8 of 23 games. He played well in 2 of those 8. And by played well I mean he scored 12 and 10 in those games. Pardon me if I am not worried about him being a difference maker against Kentucky. Once again never said he would be a difference maker. It would probably be the equilavent of UK playing without Miller. Not going to be a huge cause for concern, but still doesn't help matters any.
February 14, 200917 yr Sure they do. 12th in scoring for a PG is pretty daggone good. 1st in Assist. Enough Said. 23rd in rebounding. Again, we're talking about a PG here. Fortson is much more valuable to to Arkansas than Patterson is to Kentucky. This isn't a knock on Patterson. He's a great player, but he's got a much better supporting cast (Yes, I know that's hard to believe) than Fortson does. No, really they don't, you're simply going on your opinion (which is fine) but the Patterson's overall numbers are better than Fortson's. 12th in scoring is good for a point guard but Patterson is higher rated in many more categories and his 2 assist per game are 3rd on UK's team as well.
February 14, 200917 yr Who was that masked man that had 7 rebounds and like 45 points in a must win road game w/o their best player? Was that the guy who isn't good all around even though he plays good defense and puts a team on his back? Anyone think he isn't going to win POY in the SEC still? Great effort by UK. Arkansas is 1-9 in the conference, but w/o Patterson this was a must win.
February 14, 200917 yr As far as UK and their tourney hope I think this certainly helps, one thing that I think the committee will consider is that of UK's 7 losses thus far, 4 of them were by 5 points or less.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.