February 14, 200917 yr Once again never said he would be a difference maker. It would probably be the equilavent of UK playing without Miller. Not going to be a huge cause for concern, but still doesn't help matters any. Let's put it this way Arkansas + Fortson & Monk is still Adding those two to Arkansas and adding Patterson to UK does not make up the 16 point margin of victory today.
February 14, 200917 yr Let's put it this way Arkansas + Fortson & Monk is still Adding those two to Arkansas and adding Patterson to UK does not make up the 16 point margin of victory today. :thumb:. Basically what I have been trying to say.
February 14, 200917 yr No, really they don't, you're simply going on your opinion (which is fine) but the Patterson's overall numbers are better than Fortson's. 12th in scoring is good for a point guard but Patterson is higher rated in many more categories and his 2 assist per game are 3rd on UK's team as well. Why in the world are you trying to compare overall numbers of a center and a PG? What do you feel is the most important position on the court for a team? I'm sure that just about everyone will agree it's a PG. How good could UK be this year with a good PG? The argument all along has been that Fortson is more important to the Razorbacks than Patterson is to Kentucky. I stand by what I have said.
February 14, 200917 yr Let's put it this way Arkansas + Fortson & Monk is still Adding those two to Arkansas and adding Patterson to UK does not make up the 16 point margin of victory today. ONCE AGAIN, I never said that Arkansas would have won with Fortson playing. The 6th post in the thread stated that it looked like Gillispie had righted the ship. I was stating that I believe that's being a little over excited because Arkansas was without their best player, the player that is the most important player for the Razorbacks. I still say Arkansas playing without Fortson hurt Arkansas way more than Kentucky playing without Patterson.
February 14, 200917 yr Why in the world are you trying to compare overall numbers of a center and a PG? What do you feel is the most important position on the court for a team? I'm sure that just about everyone will agree it's a PG. How good could UK be this year with a good PG? The argument all along has been that Fortson is more important to the Razorbacks than Patterson is to Kentucky. I stand by what I have said. Because you said that Fortson would have made a HUGE difference today. I pointed out that Patterson would have cancelled him out. Then you said that Fortson was way much more important to Arkansas than Patterson to UK. Spin it however you want--I don't care what position each one plays if you put Fortson in the lineup for Arkansas and Patterson in the lineup for UK with everything else being the same the result TODAY would not have been much different. Maybe its a 10-12 point win instead of a 16 point win. Now if your argument had been Arkansas WITH Fortson vs. UK WITHOUT Patterson then I could buy your argument. However, with the way you stated it, nope, sorry not buying it. Okay then answer me this: If both teams are at full strength with all else being equal what would have been the outcome?
February 14, 200917 yr Because you said that Fortson would have made a HUGE difference today. I pointed out that Patterson would have cancelled him out. Spin it however you want--I don't care what position each one plays if you put Fortson in the lineup for Arkansas and Patterson in the lineup for UK with everything else being the same the result TODAY would not have been much different. Maybe its a 10-12 point win instead of a 16 point win. Now if your argument had been Arkansas WITH Fortson vs. UK WITHOUT Patterson then I could buy your argument. However, with the way you stated it, nope, sorry not buying it. Fortson would have made a huge difference today. If you can't see that, then there's no sense in me arguing anymore. I can just try and teach my dog to cut the lawn. Clinton didn't buy into Bin Laden being a threat either.
February 14, 200917 yr Clinton didn't buy into Bin Laden being a threat either. Okay then all other factors being the same as they played out today: Put both teams at full strength and tell me the outcome.
February 14, 200917 yr Okay then all other factors being the same as they played out today: Put both teams at full strength and tell me the outcome. Impossibe to do. I think UK still wins, but I would have bet the house that it would have been a single digit game, and that UK fans weren't nearly as comfortable watching the game as they were today.
February 14, 200917 yr Impossibe to do. I think UK still wins, but I would have bet the house that it would have been a single digit game, and that UK fans weren't nearly as comfortable watching the game as they were today. Exactly, it is no sure thing that Fortson could have made ANY difference. Honestly, with Meeks hitting the way he was and Porter, Miller and Stewart adding 3's Patterson would definately been drawing single coverage down low and the margin could have been much worse. Point guard may be the more important position but Patterson is one of the top 5 players in the league. It is much closer to being a wash than to Arkansas making up a 16 point deficit.
February 14, 200917 yr Also in UK's 6 SEC wins they've won by an average of 15 pts. Don't they have 7 wins?
February 14, 200917 yr Can someone explain BCG's fascination with Ramon Harris. I do not get it, very average and scared to death to try to make a play. For Kentucky to get back to where we were players like Ramon Harris will have to get out of the way, take your chances with Miller, LIggons, Galloway. I have been saying that for a while. He brings ZERO offense to the table. Outside of the fact he is tall and can somewhat jump he is a bad basketball player.
February 14, 200917 yr Don't they have 7 wins? Yes he must have forgot the Florida game because in their 7 SEC wins, they have averaged a 12.7 margin of victory.
February 14, 200917 yr Exactly, it is no sure thing that Fortson could have made ANY difference. Honestly, with Meeks hitting the way he was and Porter, Miller and Stewart adding 3's Patterson would definately been drawing single coverage down low and the margin could have been much worse. Point guard may be the more important position but Patterson is one of the top 5 players in the league. It is much closer to being a wash than to Arkansas making up a 16 point deficit. It looks like the dog might get the lawn mower started.
February 14, 200917 yr Don't they have 7 wins? Yes I just wanted to see if you and LRCW were actually reading anyones posts other than each others.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.