Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 79 Arkansas 63

Featured Replies

What can anyone say about Meeks :eek:? I will make the statement that barring a complete collapse by Meeks that if he (Meeks) is not SEC- P.O.Y. and quite possibly 1st team All American then there is not any.

Meeks not only is obviously great on the offensive end, he is the best defender on this team.

Another thing I was impressed with in this one was some of the screens that Harreleson was setting...when he sets a screen then it is set, the defender goes down!

I am glad to see the Cats step it up like they did with Patterson out, 7-3 in the SEC now, we definately need to get to 10 SEC wins and probably 11 before we can feel good about getting in the tournament. JMO.

 

Next up, Tuesday night at Vanderbilt.

 

Go Big Blue!!

  • Replies 109
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's not forget that Arkansas was without their best player today. Fortson would have made a huge difference. Still UK got the win, and that is what is important.

 

We were without Pattersn, and Fortson isnt their best player, Washington is. He is by far their best floor leader, but not player.

UK only had one player in double figures.

 

I thought Miller and Harris were awesome on the glass today. An undersized team out there and they fought like heck.

 

A 16 point win on the road in conference without PP, not much to complain about today.

 

:thumb:

 

What did Darius Miller shoot from the field? It was too bad that he missed a few easy ones.

Great win by UK. But I am starting to worry about the free throw shooting. How many did they miss?

8 Points 3 Ast 1 Reb 5 TO's

 

I didn't say great. :p:lol:

 

When Meeks light it up for 45, that does not leave alot of room for other big time scoring.

We were without Pattersn, and Fortson isnt their best player, Washington is. He is by far their best floor leader, but not player.

 

 

Fortson is their best player. He is responsible for over 27 points a game counting his PPG and APG alone. That doesn't take into consideration what is ability to break down the other teams defense with penetration opens up for everyone else for the Razorbacks. The Cats have struggled against teams with guards like Fortson. I don't see how anyone can say that Patterson brings that much to the table for Kentucky.

Great win by UK. But I am starting to worry about the free throw shooting. How many did they miss?

 

I am not too worried about it now, U.K. has shot FT's pretty well all year I believe. Meeks missing 3 was a suprise......... Geez! Looks like he could have done something today.:D

Great win by UK. But I am starting to worry about the free throw shooting. How many did they miss?

 

12-20...60%. We do need to start hitting more FTs.

Fortson is their best player. He is responsible for over 27 points a game counting his PPG and APG alone. That doesn't take into consideration what is ability to break down the other teams defense with penetration opens up for everyone else for the Razorbacks. The Cats have struggled against teams with guards like Fortson. I don't see how anyone can say that Patterson brings that much to the table for Kentucky.

 

:thumb::thumb:

UK had the advantage minus a potential lottery pick? Yeah, Fortson might mean more to his team, but it doesn't mean he is a better player than Patterson and would have affected the game more than Patterson being in there. Plus Monk is almost irrelevant to Arkansas, his difference making would have been minimal. You're off base on this one, IMO.

 

 

You obviously didn't see Monk play against Oklahoma or Florida.

Fortson is their best player. He is responsible for over 27 points a game counting his PPG and APG alone. That doesn't take into consideration what is ability to break down the other teams defense with penetration opens up for everyone else for the Razorbacks. The Cats have struggled against teams with guards like Fortson. I don't see how anyone can say that Patterson brings that much to the table for Kentucky.

 

Patterson brings to the table 17.8 points per game, 9.1 rebounds per game, and 2 assists per game. So thats 22 points per game on assists and points, while 9 rebounds a game has to account for more than 5 points. I mean I respect your opinion, but I think Patterson brings more to the table. I guess you could take either or for Ark., but Washington gives you 17 and 0 per game. You have to have a PG to win, but you can't be really successful without a valid inside presence either.

I disagree. Fortson is much more important to Arkansas than Patterson is to UK. Fortson creates so much more for Arkansas than Patterson does for UK. Arkansas was also without Marcus Monk. UK definitely had the advantage in this game.

 

Patterson is:

6th in scoring.

4th in rebounding

1st in FG %

4th in FT %

4th in Blocks

1st in Defensive Rebounds

2nd in Minutes Played

 

He also averages 2.0 assist per game.

 

 

Fortson is:

12th in scoring

23rd in rebounding

13th in FG %

1st in Assists

10th in Assist/Turnover Ratio

5th in Minutes Played

 

He's also only shooting 58.6% from the line and averaging 4.3 Turnovers.

 

 

The numbers just don't support your argument.

Patterson brings to the table 17.8 points per game, 9.1 rebounds per game, and 2 assists per game. So thats 22 points per game on assists and points, while 9 rebounds a game has to account for more than 5 points. I mean I respect your opinion, but I think Patterson brings more to the table. I guess you could take either or for Ark., but Washington gives you 17 and 0 per game. You have to have a PG to win, but you can't be really successful without a valid inside presence either.

 

 

Seems UK was today.

Seems UK was today.

 

I said really successful. If you wanna go by wins then we have been successful all year without a good PG, so that means you can win without a good PG.

Isn't that what we're talking about here?

 

If Patterson played for Arkansas, he would be far and away their go to player. Just because Fortson means more doesn't mean he is more of a presence than Patterson would be. Plus Meeks was the difference and neither Fortson nor Patterson would have changed his 45 points.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.