Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Player in the SEC

Best Player in the SEC? 120 members have voted

  1. 1. Best Player in the SEC?

    • Nick Calathes
      19%
    • Devon Downey
      5%
    • Jodie Meeks
      61%
    • Patrick Patterson
      13%
    • Other (Please Specific)
      0%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I just wanted to run this thought by everyone again. Meeks should be a first team All-American. Its hard to argue against that.:isurrender:

Should he really? Let's look at his stats against the best competition, not very ALL AMERICAN worthy, IMO.

  • Replies 315
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should he really? Let's look at his stats against the best competition, not very ALL AMERICAN worthy, IMO.

Plus the 1st team SG is a lock and it's not Meeks IMO...

^ GT, please don't bring common sense into this debate.

Plus the 1st team SG is a lock and it's not Meeks IMO...

 

Who else do you have?

The only other shooters I see in the league I see that could matchup with Meeks are Stephen Curry and Jerel McNeal.

 

Curry is being used as a PG this year so he is out so I'm guessing you have McNeal as your All-American then?

^ GT, please don't bring common sense into this debate.

 

Like the common sense you used to make this statement?

Calathes proved again today, his #1 ranking as the SEC's top player..imo

GT, Meeks and Calathes' numbers from yesterday are listed below, please tell us (since you seem to be the only one with common sense) if you agree that “he proved again his ranking as the SEC’s top player“?

Yesterday's numbers

Calathes 36% from the field (worst % on Florida’s team yesterday)

33% from the three point line

57% from the FT line

 

Meeks70% from the field (34% better than Calathes)

58% on three's (25% better)

57% from FT line (same)

Who else do you have?

The only other shooters I see in the league I see that could matchup with Meeks are Stephen Curry and Jerel McNeal.

 

Curry is being used as a PG this year so he is out so I'm guessing you have McNeal as your All-American then?

 

James Harden is the best SG in the country...

Like the common sense you used to make this statement?

 

GT, Meeks and Calathes' numbers from yesterday are listed below, please tell us (since you seem to be the only one with common sense) if you agree that “he proved again his ranking as the SEC’s top player“?

The argument they have made for Calathes is that he is a more complete player, and they have said Meeks is a better scorer. Rebounding, passing and defense make him a more complete player than Meeks, but I can see the argument for either...

The argument they have made for Calathes is that he is a more complete player, and they have said Meeks is a better scorer. Rebounding, passing and defense make him a more complete player than Meeks, but I can see the argument for either...

 

 

I realize Calathes is a complete player and he and Meeks are very close in terms of value but I‘m talking about yesterday only (mainly RP's ridiculous comment), although I think you may have already answered my question...

Here's the thing.....I feel that Calathes is the front runner for POY in the SEC, after yesterday's performance, I feel he still maintains that hold.

Jodie Meeks:

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

25.8 1.6 .441 3.7 0.2 1.4

 

James Harden:

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

21.6 4.3 .376 5.5 0.3 1.8

Here's the thing.....I feel that Calathes is the front runner for POY in the SEC, after yesterday's performance, I feel he still maintains that hold.

 

I'm sure Meeks would like his chances if Calathes shoots 36% from the floor, 33% from three and 57% from the FT line from here on out.

James Harden is the best SG in the country...

 

In the two games I've seen him play, I disagree.

 

Do you really think Harden is a lock for first team All-American?

  • Author

Harden is without a doubt the best 2G in the country.

 

I see the 1st team All-American team looking like...

 

PG-Stephon Curry

SG-James Harden

SF-Blake Griffin

PF-Tyler Hansbrough

C-Hasheem Thabeet

  • Author
Jodie Meeks:

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

25.8 1.6 .441 3.7 0.2 1.4

 

James Harden:

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

21.6 4.3 .376 5.5 0.3 1.8

 

You can't make a comparison of the two based solely on stats. Harden plays on a much better team, thus he doesn't need to score as much.

 

 

If you've watched both play, it's clear that Harden is the better player.

  • Author
That is really funny. If the voting were today Meeks would and should win in a landslide. Also, like someone else pointed out he might be a 1st team All American. Calathes will not be close. Calathes is very good, but Meeks is the better player and he's having the better year. I'd still say Downey is better than Calathes.

 

Meeks may win, but it wouldn't be close to a landslide. Calathes will be as close to the 1st team All American team as Meeks. Neither will be on it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.