Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Player in the SEC

Best Player in the SEC? 120 members have voted

  1. 1. Best Player in the SEC?

    • Nick Calathes
      19%
    • Devon Downey
      5%
    • Jodie Meeks
      61%
    • Patrick Patterson
      13%
    • Other (Please Specific)
      0%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

In order...

 

1. Jodie Meeks- Makes all of the clutch shots, even when teams spend their whole pregame trying to figure out how to guard him.

 

2. Nick Calathes- Leads the team in experience, great shooter, great creator, and an all around player.

 

3. Devan Downey- One of the fastest players I have ever seen. He can create, and get to the basket whenever he wants to.

  • Replies 315
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Meeks' ability to take over a game, but I also like what Calathes brings to the table. He's a big PG, can shoot and is a very good passer.

Ronald Steele.....wait a minute....

Ronald Steele.....wait a minute....

 

Such a shame this kid couldn't play.

In a one on one game who would when Meeks or Calathes?

 

Considering basketball is a five on five game, your argument is apples and pianos.

I said Meeks, just because I think he is a better defender than Calathes

You must not watch Jodie play defense then.

The best player in the conference imo is Patterson. Meeks will win the conference honor this year imo, and Downey is better than Calathes imo.

IMO its Patterson hands down. With a close Calathes and Downey right behind him. Meeks would/is close to the name just had to develope the part of his game the both Calathes and Downey has, create your own shot and be able to score no matter the defense/pressure that is applied. Them 2 get it just as bad as Meeks but can still find a way to score.

 

:thumb:

I chose to vote for Calathes because I know a player when I see one. His all-around game is better than Meeks.

 

I agree :thumb:

Nick Calathes :taz:

I think Patterson is the best of all the bunch. He plays bigger than he is, hustles, rarely takes poor shots and is an excellent passer. Calathes is second for me, Jodie is having a great season and will more than likely win SEC POY, but Patterson and Calathes-and probably Downey, for that matter are more integral in their teams' success IMO.

You must not watch Jodie play defense then.

 

Defensively you can have Greg Paulus and Jon Scheyer. There is no comparison between those guys and Jodie Meeks. :thumb:

 

As far as the best player is concerned its tough because I can see an argument for Downey, Calathes, or Meeks.

I think Patterson is the best of all the bunch. He plays bigger than he is, hustles, rarely takes poor shots and is an excellent passer. Calathes is second for me, Jodie is having a great season and will more than likely win SEC POY, but Patterson and Calathes-and probably Downey, for that matter are more integral in their teams' success IMO.

 

 

I did not think Patterson played very good defense at all in Kentucky's 3 straight losses. While he usually plays hard I believe his work ethic is a tad overrated to be honest.

His work ethic can not be questioned IMO. He works as hard as any player in the country night in and night out. For UK to win the SEC and make some noise in March Pat Pat must be healthy and ready to go; they can live with Meeks having an off night but if Patterson doesn't show up, it is a whole different story.

Defensively you can have Greg Paulus and Jon Scheyer. There is no comparison between those guys and Jodie Meeks. :thumb: QUOTE]

 

And I don't think I've seen Jodie play much D this season, it is the one area he lacks IMO. What would he do against Ellington when he's hitting, or Steph Curry. Calathes lit him up Tuesday night

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.