Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Player in the SEC

Best Player in the SEC? 120 members have voted

  1. 1. Best Player in the SEC?

    • Nick Calathes
      19%
    • Devon Downey
      5%
    • Jodie Meeks
      61%
    • Patrick Patterson
      13%
    • Other (Please Specific)
      0%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Harden is without a doubt the best 2G in the country.

 

I see the 1st team All-American team looking like...

 

PG-Stephon Curry

SG-James Harden

SF-Blake Griffin

PF-Tyler Hansbrough

C-Hasheem Thabeet

 

Griffin a 3?

 

Seems like you have 3 centers on there to me. :lol:

  • Replies 315
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Griffin a 3?

 

Seems like you have 3 centers on there to me. :lol:

 

Griffin isn't a center. He's more of a PF, but there is no way any of those 3 are going to be left off the 1st team. Those are the 5 guys, positions be darned. :D

In the two games I've seen him play, I disagree.

 

Do you really think Harden is a lock for first team All-American?

 

I agree.

 

I admit I have only seen him play twice, but I was not that impressed with his performance against U.C.L.A.

  • Author
I agree.

 

I admit I have only seen him play twice, but I was not that impressed with his performance against U.C.L.A.

 

You'd say the same thing if you only saw Meeks play against Ole Miss and Mississippi State....You need to watch him more.

You'd say the same thing if you only saw Meeks play against Ole Miss and Mississippi State....You need to watch him more.

 

Thanks.

You'd say the same thing if you only saw Meeks play against Ole Miss and Mississippi State....You need to watch him more.

 

What about his 9pts against IUPUI, 4pts against USC (0-8 FG/0-2 3pt) and his 9pts against OSU (2-9 FG/1-6 3pt)?

Point being both have had bad games and those three are as bad as any game Meeks has had...

 

IMO nothing is certain right now whether it be SEC POY or All-American team and IMO Meeks has as good of chance at those honors as anyone else right now.

  • Author
What about his 9pts against IUPUI, 4pts against USC (0-8 FG/0-2 3pt) and his 9pts against OSU (2-9 FG/1-6 3pt)?

Point being both have had bad games and those three are as bad as any game Meeks has had...

 

IMO nothing is certain right now whether it be SEC POY or All-American team and IMO Meeks has as good of chance at those honors as anyone else right now.

 

Only way Meeks makes 1st team All-American is if Curry misses a significant amount of time, Harden gets hurt, or Meeks averages about 35 a game the rest of the way.

Only way Meeks makes 1st team All-American is if Curry misses a significant amount of time, Harden gets hurt, or Meeks averages about 35 a game the rest of the way.

 

Well for one I don't think Curry and Meeks are competing for the same spot.

And I also believe it's anybody's race between Meeks and Harden, both have shown the ability to tank it so who knows how it will play out, I think it's comical that you think Harden would have to get hurt to loose it, I would think any more 0-10 games would certainly hurt him as much as a bum knee...:lol:

  • Author
Well for one I don't think Curry and Meeks are competing for the same spot.

And I also believe it's anybody's race between Meeks and Harden, both have shown the ability to tank it so who knows how it will play out, I think it's comical that you think Harden would have to get hurt to loose it, I would think many more 0-10 games would certainly hurt him as much as a bum knee...:lol:

 

They don't do All-American teams based strictly on positions. They try to stick to it as much as possible, but they mainly just try to get the best 5 players.

They don't do All-American teams based strictly on positions. They try to stick to it as much as possible, but they mainly just try to get the best 5 players.

 

I can't see either Meeks or Harden filling the PG spot. Are you saying you think they would?

  • Author
I can't see either Meeks or Harden filling the PG spot. Are you saying you think they would?

 

There is no PG spot. They select the best 5 players regardless of position. I mean, Hansbrough, Griffin, and Thabeet all play basically the same position, but all 3 are going to be there. Curry is also a lock, as is Harden IMO. Positions don't really matter.

I can't see either Meeks or Harden filling the PG spot. Are you saying you think they would?

 

Curry is at the PG spot, while Meeks and Harden are the SG.

 

IMO the PG spot will be between Teague/Curry and the SG spot will obviously be between Meeks/Harden.

There is no PG spot. They select the best 5 players regardless of position. I mean, Hansbrough, Griffin, and Thabeet all play basically the same position, but all 3 are going to be there. Curry is also a lock, as is Harden IMO. Positions don't really matter.

Not true.

Jodie Meeks:

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

25.8 1.6 .441 3.7 0.2 1.4

 

James Harden:

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

21.6 4.3 .376 5.5 0.3 1.8

You posted 6 categories and Harden leads in 4...

There is no PG spot. They select the best 5 players regardless of position. I mean, Hansbrough, Griffin, and Thabeet all play basically the same position, but all 3 are going to be there. Curry is also a lock, as is Harden IMO. Positions don't really matter.

 

So realistically you could be 3rd best at your position and still make first team All American?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.