Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Player in the SEC

Best Player in the SEC? 120 members have voted

  1. 1. Best Player in the SEC?

    • Nick Calathes
      19%
    • Devon Downey
      5%
    • Jodie Meeks
      61%
    • Patrick Patterson
      13%
    • Other (Please Specific)
      0%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think it's time to give this debate/arguement it's own thread. There are really only 4 serious options....

 

Nick Calathes-Florida

Patrick Patterson-Kentucky

Jodie Meeks-Kentucky

Devon Downey-South Carolina

 

 

Let's hear some good spirited debate and cases for and against each. I won't be able to get back on until tonight, but I think everyone already knows my choice. :D

  • Replies 315
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think everyone will vote for Nick Calathes based on last night’s games and not stats. Yes he is a scorer but he is all Florida has, Calathes has no legit teammate to take any pressure of him.

I think everyone will vote for Nick Calathes based on last night’s games and not stats. Yes he is a scorer but he is all Florida has, Calathes has no legit teammate to take any pressure of him.

 

I chose to vote for Calathes because I know a player when I see one. His all-around game is better than Meeks.

I voted for Jodie Meeks, and am shocked to find that I'm the only person to have done so thus far. I went with the guy who is first in scoring in the SEC, and 4th in the nation. I went with the guys who led his team into Tennessee, put up 54 in the win. And although Calathes had a great game last night, I went with the guy who stepped up in the clutch and hit the game winning shot, instead of the one who missed 3 free throws at the end.

I chose to vote for Calathes because I know a player when I see one. His all-around game is better than Meeks.

 

:thumb:

In a one on one game who would when Meeks or Calathes?

I voted for Jodie Meeks, and am shocked to find that I'm the only person to have done so thus far. I went with the guy who is first in scoring in the SEC, and 4th in the nation. I went with the guys who led his team into Tennessee, put up 54 in the win. And although Calathes had a great game last night, I went with the guy who stepped up in the clutch and hit the game winning shot, instead of the one who missed 3 free throws at the end.

 

He's also the guy that ignores his teammates and will shoot no matter what. I'll take the heat for saying this but the shot he hit to win the game last night was a terrible shot he was more than defended. This time it went in so it's great but it was a bad shot and it was the type of shot he takes all the time. His assist to turnover ratio is terrible too.

I like Nick Calathes' game.

 

If I had to describe him to someone who had never seen him play, I would say he is a watered-down Pete Maravich.

 

No I am not saying he is up to the Pistols' level, but he is as close to reminding me of a young Maravich than any player I can recall in the last 40 years.

I like Nick Calathes' game.

 

If I had to describe him to someone who had never seen him play, I would say he is a watered-down Pete Maravich.

 

No I am not saying he is up to the Pistols' level, but he is as close to reminding me of a young Maravich than any player I can recall in the last 40 years.

 

Not a bad description at all.

He's also the guy that ignores his teammates and will shoot no matter what. I'll take the heat for saying this but the shot he hit to win the game last night was a terrible shot he was more than defended. This time it went in so it's great but it was a bad shot and it was the type of shot he takes all the time. His assist to turnover ratio is terrible too.

 

You really dont think that Billy G said get the ball to Jodie, and Jodie put up a shot?

Who voted for other? I would like to hear who the other is, just curious...

You really dont think that Billy G said get the ball to Jodie, and Jodie put up a shot?

 

BCG was quoted as saying that Galloway tried to talk him into having Galloway fake a handoff to Meeks and then letting Galloway go to the rim.

 

BCG declined and said "hand it to Meeks."

Who voted for other? I would like to hear who the other is, just curious...

 

HT did. He voted for Huertas from Ole Miss.

HT did. He voted for Huertas from Ole Miss.

 

You know me to well mr. Clyde. Although last couple of games he's not been on his best, but he's been having some knee trouble being kept under the radar and before anyone says how do you know that trust that I know.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.