Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Player in the SEC

Best Player in the SEC? 120 members have voted

  1. 1. Best Player in the SEC?

    • Nick Calathes
      19%
    • Devon Downey
      5%
    • Jodie Meeks
      61%
    • Patrick Patterson
      13%
    • Other (Please Specific)
      0%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

2 of his 4 runouts were steals that he got. Anyways take a look at this. This is Meeks current season compared to JJ Redick's senior season. And don't tell me Meeks doesn't get the same defensive attention Redick does.

 

JJ Redick

 

26.8 ppg, 47 %fg, 42% 3 pt fg, 86% ft,

2 rpg, 2.3 apg, 1.4 spg

 

Jodie Meeks

 

25.8 ppg, 48.2 fg%, 44 3pt fg%, 88 ft%

3.8 rpg, 1.6 apg, 1.4 spg

 

 

Don't bring common sense into this LMB, just don't.

  • Replies 315
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who?

 

Ryan Toolson out of Utah Valley. Never heard of him...lol

I would guess that we haven't seen anyone score like Meeks at the major D-1 level in big games since probably Chris Jackson at LSU. I am not talking about ppg. I am talking about just going off on a given night.

 

Just for giggles, and since you brought him up earlier...

 

Redick had 41 points and 3 steals -vs- #2 Texas, 12/10/05

Redick had 41 points, 3 assists, and 2 steals at Georgetown, 1/21/06

Redick had 40 points and 2 steals -vs- Virginia, 1/28/06

 

 

he then scored 28 against BC, and 5 straight games of 30+ against FSU, Carolina, Maryland, Wake, and Miami...

Just for giggles, and since you brought him up earlier...

 

Redick had 41 points and 3 steals -vs- #2 Texas, 12/10/05

Redick had 41 points, 3 assists, and 2 steals at Georgetown, 1/21/06

Redick had 40 points and 2 steals -vs- Virginia, 1/28/06

 

 

he then scored 28 against BC, and 5 straight games of 30+ against FSU, Carolina, Maryland, Wake, and Miami...

 

54 > 41

46 > 41

45 > 41

Look at the competion....I'll give you Arkansas over that Virginia team, but I bet it's close.

I was just messing with you too.:thumb:

 

:thumb:

 

We've all had some good fun with these debates lately, and I think a lot of the casual fans are a lot better informed because of it. I think Meeks could end up as a 1st teamer because of his huge offensive outbursts, but Harden would get my vote for his well rounded season...

Just for giggles, and since you brought him up earlier...

 

Redick had 41 points and 3 steals -vs- #2 Texas, 12/10/05

Redick had 41 points, 3 assists, and 2 steals at Georgetown, 1/21/06

Redick had 40 points and 2 steals -vs- Virginia, 1/28/06

 

 

he then scored 28 against BC, and 5 straight games of 30+ against FSU, Carolina, Maryland, Wake, and Miami...

 

Competition does not equal great defense though. Texas and Virginia defensively simply aren't that good and weren't that good defensively then. The Georgetown game was impressive, shoot all 3 were impressive, but while you don't see the offensive talen on the floor does not mean that the teams Meeks faces this year aren't as good or better than the teams Redick faced defensively.

Ryan Toolson out of Utah Valley. Never heard of him...lol

 

Once again, who?

 

I think Meeks would've scored 80 points if he would've had 4 OT's that night :thumb:

Competition does not equal great defense though. Texas and Virginia defensively simply aren't that good and weren't that good defensively then. The Georgetown game was impressive, shoot all 3 were impressive, but while you don't see the offensive talen on the floor does not mean that the teams Meeks faces this year aren't as good or better than the teams Redick faced defensively.

I imagine you don't watch every Duke game like I watch every UK game. UT is HORRIBLE defensively, or at least they were that game. I watched every second. I also thought Arkansas' defense was terrible, but I'll give some credit to Meeks for helping make them look so poor. Appy State?

I never said he did. Just that he played a heck of a game, and that they were similar. There is no denying that.

 

There was one thing that wasn't similar. One team won on the road against an inferior opponent. The other, well....not so much.

Here's my issue with Meeks as a first team all american:

 

These are the big games, IMO, that he's been involved in:

 

UNC - 5/20 shooting, 19 points (1 assist, 6 turnovers)

WVU - 3/11 shooting, 19 points (0 assist, 5 turnovers)

Miami - 4/17 shooting, 10 points (2 assists, 0 turnovers)

Indiana - 5/12 shooting, 13 points (0 assist, 3 turnovers)

Louisville - 8/19 shooting, 28 points (0 assist, 6 turnovers)

Tennessee - 15/22 shooting, 54 points (4 assists, 1 turnover)

Ole Miss - 4/15 shooting, 21 points, (1 assist, 2 turnovers)

S.Carolina - 5/11 shooting, 20 points, (0 assist, 1 turnover)

MSU - 6/15 shooting, 15 points (0 assist, 1 turnover)

Florida - 7/19 shooting, 23 points (1 assist, 1 turnover)

:thumb:

 

We've all had some good fun with these debates lately, and I think a lot of the casual fans are a lot better informed because of it. I think Meeks could end up as a 1st teamer because of his huge offensive outbursts, but Harden would get my vote for his well rounded season...

 

Harden is the better player Calathes isn't. By the way I would say Herden plays more of a 3. Meeks is either the best or second best player at his position in the nation. Calathes isn't the best player at his position in the conference.

Here's my issue with Meeks as a first team all american:

 

These are the big games, IMO, that he's been involved in:

 

UNC - 5/20 shooting, 19 points (1 assist, 6 turnovers)

WVU - 3/11 shooting, 19 points (0 assist, 5 turnovers)

Miami - 4/17 shooting, 10 points (2 assists, 0 turnovers)

Indiana - 5/12 shooting, 13 points (0 assist, 3 turnovers)

Louisville - 8/19 shooting, 28 points (0 assist, 6 turnovers)

Tennessee - 15/22 shooting, 54 points (4 assists, 1 turnover)

Ole Miss - 4/15 shooting, 21 points, (1 assist, 2 turnovers)

S.Carolina - 5/11 shooting, 20 points, (0 assist, 1 turnover)

MSU - 6/15 shooting, 15 points (0 assist, 1 turnover)

Florida - 7/19 shooting, 23 points (1 assist, 1 turnover)

 

 

22.2 a game agsinst the best 10 teams they played, where is the problem? He is the focus of the defense.

Here's my issue with Meeks as a first team all american:

 

These are the big games, IMO, that he's been involved in:

 

UNC - 5/20 shooting, 19 points (1 assist, 6 turnovers)

WVU - 3/11 shooting, 19 points (0 assist, 5 turnovers)

Miami - 4/17 shooting, 10 points (2 assists, 0 turnovers)

Indiana - 5/12 shooting, 13 points (0 assist, 3 turnovers)

Louisville - 8/19 shooting, 28 points (0 assist, 6 turnovers)

Tennessee - 15/22 shooting, 54 points (4 assists, 1 turnover)

Ole Miss - 4/15 shooting, 21 points, (1 assist, 2 turnovers)

S.Carolina - 5/11 shooting, 20 points, (0 assist, 1 turnover)

MSU - 6/15 shooting, 15 points (0 assist, 1 turnover)

Florida - 7/19 shooting, 23 points (1 assist, 1 turnover)

 

 

Why are these 3 bigger than the other SEC games? Ole Miss isn't very good. UT an UF are the big rivalries, but your just highlighting other SEC games that they lost. Every SEC game is a big game.

I imagine you don't watch every Duke game like I watch every UK game. UT is HORRIBLE defensively, or at least they were that game. I watched every second. I also thought Arkansas' defense was terrible, but I'll give some credit to Meeks for helping make them look so poor. Appy State?

 

I think Texas was horrible defensively that year. The most impressive was scoring 40 on GT.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.