Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Player in the SEC

Best Player in the SEC? 120 members have voted

  1. 1. Best Player in the SEC?

    • Nick Calathes
      19%
    • Devon Downey
      5%
    • Jodie Meeks
      61%
    • Patrick Patterson
      13%
    • Other (Please Specific)
      0%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

All players that play for a team that loses to UGA should automatically be ruled out.

 

Seriously, they are both great and are impossible to compare. Apples and Oranges...

  • Replies 315
  • Views 33.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I think they played comparable games. Now, Meeks did it against a better team, and they won. That is a better result than Calathes'. I still think his Nick's performance would keep him as conference POY on my ballot.

 

:thumb:

  • Author
Because that's the only argument I have with you (yesterdays performance), and I've made that clear from the get go.

BTW you haven't said Meeks played better and you and UKMF have hit every angle to try and say Calathes played as well. How else should I take it?

 

 

All I'm trying to say is that Calathes played a great game yesterday too. His stat line was different, but it was just as impressive IMO. It just seems that no one wants to acknowledge the fact that Calathes played a great game.

I think they played comparable games. Now, Meeks did it against a better team, and they won. That is a better result than Calathes'. I still think his Nick's performance would keep him as conference POY on my ballot.

 

One thing this thread has been is fun. I don't think I've ever posted this much in one thread...:D

^ It has gone on much longer than I thought...I haven't been like this on here in a while.

  • Author
One thing this thread has been is fun.

 

:thumb:

All I'm trying to say is that Calathes played a great game yesterday too. His stat line was different, but it was just as impressive IMO. It just seems that no one wants to acknowledge the fact that Calathes played a great game.

 

Bologna and bologna…

and your right us UK fans and ESPN and the SEC must have just missed Calathes equal performance...

I think even RP would give yesterdays performance’s to Meeks (Still Calathes for the season) But you say they were equal? I'll admit and so will most other UK fans that Calathes played a great game but Meeks did more...

  • Author
Bologna and bologna…

and your right us UK fans and ESPN and the SEC must have just missed Calathes equal performance...

 

:lol:

 

If you say so.

I've seen each play at least 10 times this year, and think Harden is clearly the more well rounded and BETTER player. He rebounds, passes and defends at levels Meeks simply can't match and also scores at a high level as well. Do you really want to get in to player evaluation with me???

 

He is more well rounded, but is he a better college player right now? Certainly not far and away.

 

As for the last question, I hope it was a joke. I'm old enough to form my own opinions, thanks.

All I'm trying to say is that Calathes played a great game yesterday too. His stat line was different, but it was just as impressive IMO. It just seems that no one wants to acknowledge the fact that Calathes played a great game.

 

Calathes had a great game, but Meeks had a better one.

Bologna and bologna…

and your right us UK fans and ESPN and the SEC must have just missed Calathes equal performance...

I think even RP would give yesterdays performance’s to Meeks (Still Calathes for the season) But you say they were equal?

 

I'm sorry, but I disagree with ESPN. That 25pts, 20boards, 9swats is the best individual game I have seen all year.

As for the last question, I hope it was a joke. I'm old enough to form my own opinions, thanks.

 

Even if they are wrong... :D

I'm sorry, but I disagree with ESPN. That 25pts, 20boards, 9swats is the best individual game I have seen all year.

 

He didn't get that 10th block, so it's not as good. Duh... :ohbrother: :lol:

I'm sorry, but I disagree with ESPN. That 25pts, 20boards, 9swats is the best individual game I have seen all year.

 

It is second to Meeks' 54 IMO.

It is second to Meeks' 54 IMO.

 

Meeks has the greatest game of this season, IMO :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.