Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Player in the SEC

Best Player in the SEC? 120 members have voted

  1. 1. Best Player in the SEC?

    • Nick Calathes
      19%
    • Devon Downey
      5%
    • Jodie Meeks
      61%
    • Patrick Patterson
      13%
    • Other (Please Specific)
      0%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Offensivey it's Meeks far and away. He's still got room to grow to which makes me give him the nod over Calathes. Meeks is a baller.

  • Replies 315
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
22.2 a game agsinst the best 10 teams they played, where is the problem? He is the focus of the defense.

 

I assume it's the assist turnover ratio....He turns the ball over way way too much.

  • Author
Offensivey it's Meeks far and away. He's still got room to grow to which makes me give him the nod over Calathes. Meeks is a baller.

 

Does Calathes not have room to grow?

Why are these 3 bigger than the other SEC games? Ole Miss isn't very good. UT an UF are the big rivalries, but your just highlighting other SEC games that they lost. Every SEC game is a big game.

 

The two obvious big games in the SEC are Tenn and Florida for UK. He absolutely refused to let his team lose a must win in one of them and set the UK single game scoring record in the other one. I'll take it. To me it is becoming a joke more than anything. Meeks has had by far a better season than Calthes.

I assume it's the assist turnover ratio....He turns the ball over way way too much.

 

Agreed, but he puts up 26 a game so that is forgiven a little.

  • Author
The two obvious big games in the SEC are Tenn and Florida for UK. He absolutely refused to let his team lose a must win in one of them and set the UK single game scoring record in the other one. I'll take it. To me it is becoming a joke more than anything. Meeks has had by far a better season than Calthes.

 

That's your opinion, which you're entitled to.

 

My opinion is that you're wrong.

  • Author
Agreed, but he puts up 26 a game so that is forgiven a little.

 

What does how many points he scores have to do with the fact that he has a -2:1 assist to turnover ratio?

What does how many points he scores have to do with the fact that he has a -2:1 assist to turnover ratio?

 

It makes up for it IMO. When you put up 26 a game and play good defense you're allowed a couple TO's a game.

That's your opinion, which you're entitled to.

 

My opinion is that you're wrong.

 

Which your entitled to, but the voters are going to agree w/ me.

Look at the competion....I'll give you Arkansas over that Virginia team, but I bet it's close.

 

Georgetown wasn't that good that year, only within the last couple seasons have they really come around, and even then I think alot of that has to do with their being in the Big Easy, I mean Big East. They have several quailty teams, but they also have some bottom feeders as well.

  • Author
Which your entitled to, but the voters are going to agree w/ me.

 

1) Don't be so sure.

 

2) That doesn't mean they're right.

 

:lol: I love this thread.

Georgetown wasn't that good that year, only within the last couple seasons have they really come around, and even then I think alot of that has to do with their being in the Big Easy, I mean Big East. They have several quailty teams, but they also have some bottom feeders as well.

 

Might as well go back to the late nighters thread... :taz:

Does Calathes not have room to grow?

 

I don't think he has nearly the upside that Meeks does. Meeks can improve his ball handling and it'll help his game alot at the next level. UKMF are you dating Calathes, or just a member of his fan club?

Might as well go back to the late nighters thread... :taz:

 

I thought this was the late nighters thread?? You can't dispute what I followed that sentence up with GT.

1) Don't be so sure.

 

2) That doesn't mean they're right.

 

:lol: I love this thread.

 

Me too, I even mentioned that Meeks isn't the best player on his team. If you read Bill Simmons and have ever heard of his idea of picking sides w/ your life on the line I'm taking Calathes 4th or 5th in the SEC and I would for sure take Meeks before him, but I'm not sure if I take him 2nd or 3rd.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.