Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Player in the SEC

Best Player in the SEC? 120 members have voted

  1. 1. Best Player in the SEC?

    • Nick Calathes
      19%
    • Devon Downey
      5%
    • Jodie Meeks
      61%
    • Patrick Patterson
      13%
    • Other (Please Specific)
      0%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
He's also this week's ESPN player of the week... Must have just edged out Calathes, wait, it appears he wasn't even mentioned...

 

Well obviously Calathes wasn't going to win it. They went 0-2. That doesn't diminish his individual performances though.

  • Replies 315
  • Views 33.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't worship UK like most UK fans do, therefore I end up arguing with most of them.

 

 

You making the argument that Calathes's played as well as Meeks yesterday might lead one to think your trying out for the big three...:sssh::lol:

You making the argument that Calathes's played as well as Meeks yesterday might lead one to think your trying out for the big three...:sssh::lol:

We do have an opening... :popcorn: :lol:

We do have an opening... :popcorn: :lol:
Sadly , 'tis true, and are other entrant got Das Boot.
  • Author
You making the argument that Calathes's played as well as Meeks yesterday might lead one to think your trying out for the big three...:sssh::lol:

 

:lol: Not quite. I just think Calathes had a very comparable game to Meeks when you look at everything and don't just focus on scoring.

3-Point shooting:

 

Harden: 41-109 37.6%

 

Meeks: 94-213 44.1%

We do have an opening... :popcorn: :lol:

 

Actually I don't think this would even be an official Big Three stance, IMO two out of the three would go with Meeks yesterday...:D

I agree it's not a very good case, but neither is saying Calathes had the worst shooting percentage on his team yesterday. So what? It doesn't change the fact that he only took 14 shots, and had a hand in 42 of his teams points.

 

OK.. this is your idea. Since UF shot 48.5% yesteday, Nick would have had to make 27 passes to players who shot to get his 13 assists.

 

That puts Nick at 41 shots for 42 points.

 

Kentucky shot 51.9% so Jodie had to make 4 passes.

 

So thats 28 shots for 49 points.

 

Jodie - 1.75 points per shot

Nick - 1.02 points per shot

 

I just think Calathes had a very comparable game to Meeks when you look at everything and don't just focus on scoring.

 

It was your idea to combine assists and scoring. Do you not like it now?

I've seen each play at least 10 times this year, and think Harden is clearly the more well rounded and BETTER player. He rebounds, passes and defends at levels Meeks simply can't match and also scores at a high level as well. Do you really want to get in to player evaluation with me???

 

This made me laugh too. You and OR are the last people that would concede to someone else being right. :lol:

Actually I don't think this would even be an official Big Three stance, IMO two out of the three would go with Meeks yesterday...:D

Why are you hanging your hat on yesterday? Nobody said Calathes played better yesterday.

Why are you hanging your hat on yesterday? Nobody said Calathes played better yesterday.

Because that's the only argument I have with you (yesterdays performance), and I've made that clear from the get go.

BTW you haven't said Meeks played better and you and UKMF have hit every angle to try and say Calathes played as well. How else should I take it?

Why are you hanging your hat on yesterday? Nobody said Calathes played better yesterday.

 

BTW you did say this

Calathes proved again today, his #1 ranking as the SEC's top player..imo
Because that's the only argument I have with you (yesterdays performance), and I've made that clear from the get go.

BTW you haven't said Meeks played better and you and UKMF have hit every angle to try and say Calathes played as well. How else should I take it?

 

I think they played comparable games. Now, Meeks did it against a better team, and they won. That is a better result than Calathes'. I still think his Nick's performance would keep him as conference POY on my ballot.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.