Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Player in the SEC

Best Player in the SEC? 120 members have voted

  1. 1. Best Player in the SEC?

    • Nick Calathes
      19%
    • Devon Downey
      5%
    • Jodie Meeks
      61%
    • Patrick Patterson
      13%
    • Other (Please Specific)
      0%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

IMO Meeks, Harden and Calathes are on the same level. One thing I know for sure is Meeks played better than Calathes yesterday...

  • Replies 315
  • Views 33.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Saying that we are arguing for Jodie only because he plays for UK is a JOKE.

 

I never said that's the only reason. Most UK fans are incredibly biased towards one of their players.

No he's not. Have you watched Harden play?

 

I call shenanigans on you seeing Harden play 6 or 7 times.

No he's not. Have you watched Harden play?

 

Yes, I have. Have you watched Meeks move away from the ball?

I voted Jodie Meeks. I will say that I am suprised that Downey didn't get more votes. I believe that he is possibly 2nd or 3rd in that group along with Patterson. Calathes is very good as well, imo the others are more "clutch" players.

I never said that's the only reason. Most UK fans are incredibly biased towards one of their players.

 

Especially when he has 3 of the top 5 scoring performances on the year for the entire country.

I never said that's the only reason. Most UK fans are incredibly biased towards one of their players.

 

Meeks is right at the top of discussion for All-Americans. So, I don't see how this is a case of UK fans being biased.

I never said that's the only reason. Most UK fans are incredibly biased towards one of their players.

 

I think its interesting that your nickname is UKMustangFan and you fight your fellow UK fans tooth and nail on every UK thread :confused:

 

I'm not downing you, but that is just an observation.

Meeks is better from the arc and at the line. Solid argument.

 

In comparison it all works, yet Calathes fills up the statline better.

In comparison it all works, yet Calathes fills up the statline better.

 

I don't know what that means. You said, Calathes has better shooting percentages, and he doesn't in two out of the three categories. :idunno:

Meeks is right at the top of discussion for All-Americans. So, I don't see how this is a case of UK fans being biased.

 

He's also this week's ESPN player of the week... Must have just edged out Calathes, wait, it appears he wasn't even mentioned...

  • Author
I think its interesting that your nickname is UKMustangFan and you fight your fellow UK fans tooth and nail on every UK thread :confused:

 

I'm not downing you, but that is just an observation.

 

I don't worship UK like most UK fans do, therefore I end up arguing with most of them. Just because I don't think Meeks is better than Calathes or is an All-American doesn't mean I don't like UK or Meeks, it just means that I think there are better players out there.

I don't worship UK like most UK fans do, therefore I end up arguing with most of them. Just because I don't think Meeks is better than Calathes or is an All-American doesn't mean I don't like UK or Meeks, it just means that I think there are better players out there.

 

I see. I was just curious :thumb:

I don't know what that means. You said, Calathes has better shooting percentages, and he doesn't in two out of the three categories. :idunno:

 

Calathes HAS a better shooting %, semantics can play it other ways, as I would if I were on the other hand. Calathes also fills out everything else much better than Meeks.

No he's not...

 

See, I can do that too.

 

I've seen each play at least 10 times this year, and think Harden is clearly the more well rounded and BETTER player. He rebounds, passes and defends at levels Meeks simply can't match and also scores at a high level as well. Do you really want to get in to player evaluation with me???

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.