Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County Plays 2 Top Ten

Featured Replies

Make room on the wagon for me if EC wins both. However, there is a HUGE difference between beating a quality team in a home crackerbox and beating that same or similar quality team in a neutral college gym. With that, I mean that you should not anoint EC as the favorite to win at Rupp even if they win both these games. Best wishes to EC. It's nice to see the little guys have a great team.

  • Replies 104
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, first they didn't play any good teams, then they didn't play any good in state teams because out of state doesn't count, then they haven't beaten any good in state teams, and now, if they win, they haven't beaten any good in state teams on a neutral court. Good God.

OK, first they didn't play any good teams, then they didn't play any good in state teams because out of state doesn't count, then they haven't beaten any good in state teams, and now, if they win, they haven't beaten any good in state teams on a neutral court. Good God.

 

:ohbrother: SOME have been reaching for a long time to not give EC ANY credit! No matter what! :ohbrother:

Elliott will have a huge home court advantage playing at the Hook I would imagine. You talk about a great high school basketball atmosphere. That would be a great game to see live!!!!

 

You should make the trip up, you will see the EC faithful at full strength. We could probably find you a place to stay!:D:thumb:

OK, first they didn't play any good teams, then they didn't play any good in state teams because out of state doesn't count, then they haven't beaten any good in state teams, and now, if they win, they haven't beaten any good in state teams on a neutral court. Good God.

 

Thank you for acknowleding the obvious!

OK, first they didn't play any good teams, then they didn't play any good in state teams because out of state doesn't count, then they haven't beaten any good in state teams, and now, if they win, they haven't beaten any good in state teams on a neutral court. Good God.

 

You are dead on, but it is also accurate to say that anyone who picks against Elliott County in any game (or says anything remotely negative about EC) is automatically pigeon-holed into an "EC hater" who is "biased against teams not from the metropolitan areas".

You are dead on, but it is also accurate to say that anyone who picks against Elliott County in any game (or says anything remotely negative about EC) is automatically pigeon-holed into an "EC hater" who is "biased against teams not from the metropolitan areas".

I'm an equal opportunity member, and I can definitely agree with you on this matter. What it comes down to is, some people are dead set against Elliott County being recognized for anything, some people will take any criticizing of Elliott County as a direct slap in the face, and then there is a third group that are just making observations and get in arguments because of it with either group A or group B.

 

I wish it would just stop.

I'm an equal opportunity member, and I can definitely agree with you on this matter. What it comes down to is, some people are dead set against Elliott County being recognized for anything, some people will take any criticizing of Elliott County as a direct slap in the face, and then there is a third group that are just making observations and get in arguments because of it with either group A or group B.

 

I wish it would just stop.

You wish it would just stop! At least you have some power over here! :lol:

You wish it would just stop! At least you have some power over here! :lol:

Yes, I have power to control things and that is why threads get closed and people get into trouble. But, I wish there was no reason for people to get into trouble. I could draft a Rule 15:

 

Rule 15

While conversing about Elliott County Basketball all members will remain adults throughout the entire conversation, and will refrain from making any comment more then it really is. Furthermore, all members will refrain from taking any comment personally, and just respond in a nice manner. At the end of all discussion both parties will then hold hands and sing a chorus of Cum Ba Ya.

Yes, I have power to control things and that is why threads get closed and people get into trouble. But, I wish there was no reason for people to get into trouble. I could draft a Rule 15:

 

Rule 15

While conversing about Elliott County Basketball all members will remain adults throughout the entire conversation, and will refrain from making any comment more then it really is. Furthermore, all members will refrain from taking any comment personally, and just respond in a nice manner. At the end of all discussion both parties will then hold hands and sing a chorus of Cum Ba Ya.

 

:clap::clap::clap:

Yes, I have power to control things and that is why threads get closed and people get into trouble. But, I wish there was no reason for people to get into trouble. I could draft a Rule 15:

 

Rule 15

While conversing about Elliott County Basketball all members will remain adults throughout the entire conversation, and will refrain from making any comment more then it really is. Furthermore, all members will refrain from taking any comment personally, and just respond in a nice manner. At the end of all discussion both parties will then hold hands and sing a chorus of Cum Ba Ya.

 

I stopped at the bolded. Is this X-Men?

 

Just kidding. Good post and good rule.

OK, first they didn't play any good teams, then they didn't play any good in state teams because out of state doesn't count, then they haven't beaten any good in state teams, and now, if they win, they haven't beaten any good in state teams on a neutral court. Good God.

 

Sounds like the proverbial catch 22! :ylsuper:

I'm an equal opportunity member, and I can definitely agree with you on this matter. What it comes down to is, some people are dead set against Elliott County being recognized for anything, some people will take any criticizing of Elliott County as a direct slap in the face, and then there is a third group that are just making observations and get in arguments because of it with either group A or group B.

 

I wish it would just stop.

 

Well, Ram I for one do not care if Elliott is good or not. I have nothing against them. BUT, everytime I make a point or anyone else makes a point, EC fans act like we have just suckerpunched one of the players in the face. Who on here has EVER said that Elliott is no good? I can't think of anyone. Elliott Co. plays very hard, but the fanbase on here make them hard to root for plain and simple. If anyone states that they are the 10th best team in the state, some get up in arms and accuse us of being biased against them.

 

I have stated my opinion in an adult like manor as have most other posters on here. No one is out to get Elliott!

 

And as for the argument that the standards keep changing I could care less. I gave Elliott credit for adding Ballard and of course it would look better for the strength of schedule if they played it on the road. Atleast they are playing it though. I think people are just saying that alot of the teams ranked above Elliott have played tougher schedules, which is a subjective opinion, but it probably is fact. Our opinions as are the ones who are the ones who are being attacked, and have I ever complained about a single poster on here? NO! If I want to say that Boyd County, Lewis County, Morgan Co, east and west Carter are the top 5 teams in the state, I might be wrong but as a paying customer I should have the right to do this and make my case. I think alot of the problem comes from the fact that people take this board too seriously, especially the opinions regarding their favorite teams. There is a difference in having school spirit and taking up for your team then just getting upset everytime someone doesn't think they are on the same level that you hold them up to. We are all biased as fans of our respective teams. People could say alot worse about our kids other than the fact that their teams play no competition or that they lost a basketball game. Be thankful that that is the worst you have to worry about with your sons or daughters, alot of kids have alot worse problems than sports. Take a look at the drug problem in Kentucky for example.

In closing, I feel that no one has said anything that is too bad or off the mark about Elliott. Saying they are or are not top 5 in the state is opinion and not fact. Many posters on here haven't even seen half of the teams in the top 10 so how will anyone know. I have seen almost every team in the top 20 this season and I try to make my post as unbiased as possible. I take offense at the notion that I am against any kid in the state being successful. They are all kids and I have nothing against a single one of them.

 

-Cats

Edited by STRIKE3
edited Rule #12 content

Well, Ram I for one do not care if Elliott is good or not. I have nothing against them. BUT, everytime I make a point or anyone else makes a point, EC fans act like we have just suckerpunched one of the players in the face. Who on here has EVER said that Elliott is no good? I can't think of anyone. Elliott Co. plays very hard, but the fanbase on here make them hard to root for plain and simple. If anyone states that they are the 10th best team in the state, some get up in arms and accuse us of being biased against them.

 

I have stated my opinion in an adult like manor as have most other posters on here. No one is out to get Elliott!

 

And as for the argument that the standards keep changing I could care less. I gave Elliott credit for adding Ballard and of course it would look better for the strength of schedule if they played it on the road. Atleast they are playing it though. I think people are just saying that alot of the teams ranked above Elliott have played tougher schedules, which is a subjective opinion, but it probably is fact. Our opinions as are the ones who are the ones who are being attacked, and have I ever complained about a single poster on here? NO! If I want to say that Boyd County, Lewis County, Morgan Co, east and west Carter are the top 5 teams in the state, I might be wrong but as a paying customer I should have the right to do this and make my case. I think alot of the problem comes from the fact that people take this board too seriously, especially the opinions regarding their favorite teams. There is a difference in having school spirit and taking up for your team then just getting upset everytime someone doesn't think they are on the same level that you hold them up to. We are all biased as fans of our respective teams. People could say alot worse about our kids other than the fact that their teams play no competition or that they lost a basketball game. Be thankful that that is the worst you have to worry about with your sons or daughters, alot of kids have alot worse problems than sports. Take a look at the drug problem in Kentucky for example.

In closing, I feel that no one has said anything that is too bad or off the mark about Elliott. Saying they are or are not top 5 in the state is opinion and not fact. Many posters on here haven't even seen half of the teams in the top 10 so how will anyone know. I have seen almost every team in the top 20 this season and I try to make my post as unbiased as possible. I take offense at the notion that I am against any kid in the state being successful. They are all kids and I have nothing against a single one of them.

 

-Cats

 

Elliott County was trying to add a home game because without this game aganist Ballard at home then they would have only played 7 home games all season.

This thread is done.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.