Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County Plays 2 Top Ten

Featured Replies

I don't think that even deserves a response :ohbrother:

 

But to clarify I personally think . . . and I could be wrong . . . but I think Wireman meant that with both teams playing a run and gun type of play, that the officials will have a HARD time keeping up therefore missing foul calls.

 

The officials will have a very difficult time officiating a high-level, uptempo game, IMO.

  • Replies 104
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The officials will have a very difficult time officiating a high-level, uptempo game, IMO.

 

I am very curious to see your score predictions of these games. I remember you picked EC to beat SV by 30.

I don't think Ballard should expect a short end of the stick - I think they should expect a different type of stick. By pressure defense, I don't mean the rough and tough half court defense. I mean, they are going to see very intense defensive pressure from Elliott's guards and wings. If the game is played at a speed that most are predicting, then I feel like an average crew of officials are really going to struggle to keep up, which is going to lead to alot of steals and make the defensive pressure even more difficult to deal with. Ballard might be a top 5 team in the state, but if their guards struggle, they are going to be in trouble, IMO.

 

Ballard and EC are mirror images of one another only Ballard is bigger and more athletic. I don't really see their guards struggling. Cox and Chiles both are players.

IMO I see both games being nip and tuck.

Ballard and EC are mirror images of one another only Ballard is bigger and more athletic. I don't really see their guards struggling. Cox and Chiles both are players.

 

It must be one of them Fun House mirrors that make you look taller.:jump:

It must be one of them Fun House mirrors that make you look taller.:jump:

 

:confused:

Ballard and EC are mirror images of one another only Ballard is bigger and more athletic. I don't really see their guards struggling. Cox and Chiles both are players.

 

If Ballard hits their shots, they are tough to beat. If not, they attack the glass so Elliott will have to hit the defensive boards! Elliott, as has been stated many times on the site, will HAVE to hit their 3's.

 

Wesley Cox should not have too much trouble with Elliott's pressure. Ballard usually make their mistakes because they are going 100 miles an hour and throw it away rather than other teams taking it from them.

 

I think another consideration will be Elliott's depth as Ballard will play ten and will NEVER slow down the pace. If the Elliott starters can hang in and not get too fatigued, they should win but they will be very tired by the 4th quarter if they don't sub.

Ballard is a physical team. Honestly, having 16th region officiating who will let them play, will favor Ballard.

I agree.:eek:

Kudos to EC on playing some tougher competition. Their 30+ point margin will not apply in these two games. I will have to join ETA on the wagon if they win both these games. Good Luck EC.

The pace of the Ballard/Elliott game should have zero effect on Ballard. This is a team that plays some of the most athletic teams in the state and continuously performs well. I don't know whats gonna happen next week, but playing this kind of competition against two of Kentucky's best programs is going to be a major task. If they come away from this 1-1 i would be impressed and give them the credit they deserved.

The officials will have a very difficult time officiating a high-level, uptempo game, IMO.

 

With this game being on a Saturday, I would guess there will be a very good crew of officials assigned to this game.

I think it would be unwise for Elliot to try to outrun Ballard.

Ballard and EC are mirror images of one another only Ballard is bigger and more athletic. I don't really see their guards struggling. Cox and Chiles both are players.

 

I'm just not really seeing the comparison. The highest point total Ballard has scored all season is 85 points. Elliott's high is 132 points. Elliott has also scored 600 more points than Ballard in the same numbers of games. I'm not really seeing the mirror image comparison, but I am looking forward to watching a good game.

I think it would be unwise for Elliot to try to outrun Ballard.

 

What should they do then?

What should they do then?

Slow it down. Wear Ballard down on defense. Be very, very patient for a good shot and don't try to outrun Ballard.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.